Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there would be at least one release of a brochure by now but nada. I went to the local dealer and none to be found, they were still waiting for them.

Allanon

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I saw one at DC's autoshow in motion this weekend. I'm kicking myself though because I didn't bother to actually pick one up. Didn't feel like carrying it around, and I planned to get one before I left... then forgot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Allanon said:
I thought there would be at least one release of a brochure by now but nada. I went to the local dealer and none to be found, they were still waiting for them.

Allanon

I got the apprentice version when I tried for the first 1000. They are selling them on ebay. It's the one that looks like the front grill of the solstice. It contains some smaller brochures and has a DVD/CD.
Any Questions?

·
5,641 Posts
Allanon said:
Currently Pontiac has released in limited volumes the following:

A Hero card, which I have seen posted here on this site.

The "Apprentice" Brochure, which dealers received on April 14th.

The Fold-Poster brochure, which dealers received around the end of April in small amounts. These are also the ones that the Pontiac is mailing to those that tired the EOP for one of the 1000 Forst 1000 Exclusive Retail Solstice Orders but didn't get one, I believe.

The actual final official regular brochure is due in to dealers in August, on the current schedule.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Allanon said:

Allanon
my dealer called me yesterday and said that his dealership just got the brochures in and he was holding one for me. They got 30 of them in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ordered a brochure through pontiac.com, and I ended up with a poster about 3.5 x 2.25'. One one side is a beautiful picture of the solstice, and on the other is some broken up images highlighting the features of the car. I'm gonna get this thing laminated :) . Makes a great Garage or Man Room poster.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have 2 of them. The DVD that came with the brochure is pretty good. Could have more pics and info on the car although.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yeah, I just went to the nearest dealership to talk to them about the car and the guy fetched one of the round Apprentice brochures. As we were wrapping up our discussion he asked another guy behind the counter if he could give [it] to me and the guy said "yeah sure, that's what they're for isn't it?"

I've got it in front of me right now. The DVD is pretty neat, but lacking in content.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Karen1506 said:
I got the apprentice version when I tried for the first 1000. They are selling them on ebay. It's the one that looks like the front grill of the solstice. It contains some smaller brochures and has a DVD/CD.
Any Questions?
Yup, just what is included in the DVD/CD? Does the brochure show have a list standard and options? Any additional pics of the other colors that are available?

Allanon

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yea, mine (apprentice) has a separate sheet with paint and interior colors. I agree the DVD is VERY LIGHT on content concidering how much space they had to use! I was disappointed in what was on it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Moving Solstice ?

Has anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be any shots of the Solstice actually moving ? ? ? I'm dying to see a great shot of the car going through the mountains or along a coast line. But so far I don't think any of the TV commercials or any of the DVD's etc etc have shown the car in motion.

Hummmmmm ............. ?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
Has anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be any shots of the Solstice actually moving ? ? ? I'm dying to see a great shot of the car going through the mountains or along a coast line. But so far I don't think any of the TV commercials or any of the DVD's etc etc have shown the car in motion.

Hummmmmm ............. ?
Go to the Saturn site, and take a look at the SKY doing just that.
Better yet, here is the url:
http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a69049/sky_highres.mov

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cansol

Just bought an Apprentice version of the Solstice brochure for $1.00 on ebay if anyone is interested in picking one up.

There is also a dealer version of the full size, double sided banner that was at $51.00 when I last looked.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the link to the Sky site -- it looks gooooood ! (Moving kinda slow though, don't you think ?). And its good to see the car in Silver (Cool), that's the color of my Solstice (after seeing the Sky at the Chicago Auto Show I changed my mind from getting the Sly) --- but with these cars I don't think you can go wrong on the color.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Good link Venom,

It's nice to see that the guy is taking it easy, just driving along enjoying the car and the view. As opposed to the commercials these days with the car burning up the ashphalt or flying through the air.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Westbadenboy said:

Hummmmmm ............. ?
The Sports Illustrated video showed it moving. They also drove it a short distance at one of the auto shows. Also MCEB saw them driving one onto a truck at a show too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got the "Apprentice" packet, another single sheet brochure, and the large poster from my salesman at the dealership. Additionally, I received another large poster in the mail from Pontiac. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts