Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,
This is my first post, so be gentle. I just recieved my order#. :party: I am so excited, and can hardly concentrate on anything else. I have been looking for aftermarket parts, and I have yet to see a rollbar. My little toy will see the drag strip, and I'll limited to a top ET without a rollbar. I don't want to butcher this beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome SolSister! :agree: But if you've got some tricks hidden up sleeve, you might try http://www.bethania-garage.com/default.htm. They don't make one yet for the Solstice but rumor is they plan on it. Also, since GM's announced they are interested in helping SCCA racers, I expect we'll see all kinds of goodies this fall at SEMA from GM Performance Parts. Problem is the aftermarket has to actually have a Solstice in hand before they can design a roll bar.

·
Registered
493 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi Gang,
This is my first post, so be gentle. I just recieved my order#. :party: I am so excited, and can hardly concentrate on anything else. I have been looking for aftermarket parts, and I have yet to see a rollbar. My little toy will see the drag strip, and I'll limited to a top ET without a rollbar. I don't want to butcher this beautiful car.
We thought about rollbars, but we didn't want to "butcher" the looks of this beautiful car, besides I think GM have thought of some roll protection, nothing to write home about, but still something.

Neil

·
2,574 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi Gang,

Welcome SIS, congrats on your order. Curious about what color you ordered. Several women I know are likin the RED. I was thinking about adding a sail to cut down on my elapsed time but it's gonna look so bad they'll probably only let me race at night. (doesn't fit in the trunk either)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm waiting for a Deep, Steel/Sand beauty. I have also not chosen the XM or On-Star options, although I think I chose about everything else. My husband wanted me to strip it down to reduce weight, but I had to have my CD changer. :)
I work for GM in Paint, and I love the Dark Ming Blue Metallic, which is the 'Official' title of Deep. I'm also hoping that my 'inside' connections can speed my delivery date, but I'm sure that Wilmington has been inundated with Priority Build requests. I know we have at our plant, Lordstown, the home of the Cobalt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DreamerDave said:
Welcome SolSister! :agree: But if you've got some tricks hidden up sleeve, you might try http://www.bethania-garage.com/default.htm. They don't make one yet for the Solstice but rumor is they plan on it. Also, since GM's announced they are interested in helping SCCA racers, I expect we'll see all kinds of goodies this fall at SEMA from GM Performance Parts. Problem is the aftermarket has to actually have a Solstice in hand before they can design a roll bar.
Great! My husband and I have plans to go to SEMA. We'll be looking for all things Solstice, among others.

·
2,574 Posts
SolSister said:
I'm waiting for a Deep, Steel/Sand beauty. I have also not chosen the XM or On-Star options, although I think I chose about everything else. My husband wanted me to strip it down to reduce weight, but I had to have my CD changer. :)
I work for GM in Paint, and I love the Dark Ming Blue Metallic, which is the 'Official' title of Deep. I'm also hoping that my 'inside' connections can speed my delivery date, but I'm sure that Wilmington has been inundated with Priority Build requests. I know we have at our plant, Lordstown, the home of the Cobalt.

Hmm "priority build requests" Don't blame you. I'd do everything in my power if I were you. BTW Do you know what some of the official titles of the other colors are?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The Stig said:
besides I think GM have thought of some roll protection, nothing to write home about, but still something.
Let's just say that what is used in the production car isn't even close to that, offers no protection, and is only there to bolt the cover onto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
shabby said:
Dont worry about the rollbar, you only need it if your running under 13.99. The solstice wont be anywhere that quick, you'll need at least 250hp in a solstice to break into the 13's.
250hp, is that all?

Actually, Lisa threw the question out there to see if anyone had any hard information on up coming parts. We'd done quite a bit of googling on Solstice aftermarket parts and while we found a few "under constuction" pages, we found nothing of substance.

Lisa and I are pretty ardent Pontiac Drag fans. I'm putting together an '86 GP with a trad 400 and Lisa gets her Solstice to play with. I think her intention is to push the limits of keeping its original demeanor. She really doesn't like the idea of a rollbar, but wanted to see one to see how badly it destroyed the cars lines. It'll probably stay stockish for the first year or so and then'll we'll throw a power adder and continue to refine it over the years. I don't think we'll see 250-300 HP for a while, but I wouldn't bet against us getting there, eventually. :devil: I've been intrigued by the things I've read the eco-tech is capable of.

The events we attend are Pontiac only events(Tri-Power Nats,RPCoA, and a few others), which are generally a bit easier on the tech for the slower cars and our local track (http://www.quakercityraceway.com/) is IHRA, which usually has same rules as NHRA, but lower (or is it higher) limits.

Finally, if parts and tuner cars are going to be at SEMA in the fall, you can bet they have have the cars already (to answer another post). My wife was a final line engineer for the CTS plant when it ramped up and they and had to work around several of their test vehicals disappearing for various purposes (including the Matrix sequels). Around the same time, we talked to Chuck Mallet at the Hot Rod Super Nats and asked about future Vettes and he said he'd been knee deep in his CTS project for months... this was only a couple weeks after the CTS after the CTS was available to the public.

BTW, have you all seen this?

Have fun,

Jimbus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
birdliver said:
Hmm "priority build requests" Don't blame you. I'd do everything in my power if I were you. BTW Do you know what some of the official titles of the other colors are?
You may be disappointed because they are not as cool as the Solstice titles but here goes....

Aggresive = Victory Red
Pure = Summit White
Envious = Meduim Pearl Green Metallic
Cool = Light Tarnished Silver Metallic
Sly = Dark Tarnished Silver Metallic
and finally Mysterious = Black (just black, sorry) :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My order just got picked up!

birdliver said:
My target build week is 8-29-05!!! :willy: Oh my god!!! (Purposefull Valley Girl reference) I am soooo exicted. I can hardly believe it! My area manager must have really good connections. My baby will be home soon. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
SolSister said:
My baby will be home soon. :thumbs:
Congratulations! :cheers:
It's like hearing from the doctor that the rabbit's died.
No, guess you're too young to even know what I mean.
I know.
It's like hearing that the check has been written and it's now in the mail.
No, that doesn't sound good either.
Oh well,
Congratulations! :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I'm gonna have to deal with someone bouncing off the ceiling for the rest of the week... I probably won't see her for a week when she gets it :rolleyes:

Jimbus ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
SolHubby & Solsister- I work in Spring Hill in the building where they make the engine for the Solstice, and I've got a "deep" colored one on order also. I'm interested in performance mods for it, maybe we can compare notes; I'm really interested in what you find at SEMA. I've been around quite a few of these cars and tried to envision the roll bar placement. It will be "interesting".

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
mike48 said:
I've been around quite a few of these cars and tried to envision the roll bar placement. It will be "interesting".
To say the least....

Same problem with the new MX-5 as far as I can see.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There really isn't room behind the seats for a roll bar, unless you plan on keeping the seats nearly fully forward. The roll bar must be in front of the forward edge of the rear deck for the top to work. You will either need to punch a hole in the panel behind the seats "Ouch!!", or use aftermarket seats that have shallower seat backs to allow fitting it in there.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
mike48 said:
You will either need to punch a hole in the panel behind the seats "Ouch!!",
As bad as the bar is, it's the bracing needed to be a track legal bar that is the killer. Run them to the rear and you have to cut up the rear deck and forget the top. Run them forward and by the time you fit the cross brace you might as well add a full cage.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Right through the rear deck ahead of trunk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts