Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread people were talking about the height of the windsheild vs seating position. A picture with Bob Lutz was used for reference. I found these with some other guy in a few of them. I don't think I have seen them posted here before. Hopefully it doesn't block my image links here....

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is the first time i've seen these pictuers. I'm a little worried about the headroom for tall people now. That guy looks to be over 6ft and his head looks to be above the window line. Its hard to tell from the angle but the third picture gives you the best view. What do you think?

·
Registered
667 Posts
At 6' 2" it looks like I better keep my full face bike helmet. I hope it's not as bad as it appears.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome pictures, makes me want the Solstice even more. I'm 5'10'" so I think I'll fit. :smile

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great Over Head

That is a great overhead shot. It shows that a real person can fit and what a beautiful car it really is from above. Cool and Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks!! I also hadn't seen those pictures. Somehow I learn to fit in a car that looks that good. Even if it requires a cutoff grinder and welder to the seat frame. Or maybe I'll have to spring for some custom seats. Somehow I'll make it work. But it looks like I'll have to be doing most of my driving with the top down. That's not that big of a sacrifice, I guess. :thumbs

·
Registered
533 Posts
JohnnyBoy said:
This is the first time i've seen these pictuers. I'm a little worried about the headroom for tall people now. That guy looks to be over 6ft and his head looks to be above the window line. Its hard to tell from the angle but the third picture gives you the best view. What do you think?
I think it just looks that way because of the angle at which the shots were taken. We would need to see a completely level shot and have knowledge of how long the driver's upper body is to judge the head height in relation to the windscreen. Remember that one of the magazines that drove the car in England mentioned that it had very good wind management, so I don't think it will be a problem.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i hope they offer a body color that is the same or at least close to the trim color around the windshield and behind the seats. i woud prefer monochrome, so you could get an all black car to match the black top, but from the (now missing) post from "i drove it", it seems that the windshield and the (what would you call the humps behind the seats? a cowl?) are trimmed with the silver we see in these photos.
i'm from the form follows function school of design, and think that multiple colors on this car is a distraction from the great design of the solstice body. incidentally, it appears that the windshield surround is quite substantial....rollover protection?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
incidentally, it appears that the windshield surround is quite substantial....rollover protection?
One of the neat things I like about the Solstice that neither the Corvette or Cadilac have is the ability of the sun visors to hide flush into the windshield surround.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Awesome pictures! His head looks up near the top of the windshield, but certainly not over it. It looks to me like he should have a clear line of site out the windshield! Otherwise, he seems to fit comfortable in the car. The door edge appears to be just about at shoulder level, so he certainly is down in the car and not sitting on top of it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Drooling

Man those pictures are great, such a beautiful damn car, Ive yet to look through too many posts, but am I the only guy here who hasnt seen the solstice with the top up? are they hidin something or what? can someone help me out? Ill be looking in the meantime

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, yes, no. :rant

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Love Those Pics

Lately I have been wondering if I should hold out for after a year of production, hopefully to get a faster engine or any other improvements but after seeing these pics I am drooling all over my self and now I want one asap!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
ctcfirebird said:
Lately I have been wondering if I should hold out for after a year of production, hopefully to get a faster engine or any other improvements but after seeing these pics I am drooling all over my self and now I want one asap!
Don't forget you can always trade up to a faster version in the future after they come out! :thumbs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts