Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not talking anything major here, god knows Im leaving the overall look alone, its sweet like it is, but its the little thing that make the car looks so much better, what Im thinking about is neons, red would seem to be the appropriate color, Im planning on lighting the driver and passenger wells but one thing I think would look especially wicked is some lighting in the front grills, two small red neons lighting each side, anyone have any other ideas? and one other thing, are Xenon bulbs become more of a stock option in newer cars? it seems like it, definately one change I would make right off the bat if not

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'd like to get rid of the side marker/turn signal lamps in the wheelwell lips forward of the front wheels and backlight the pontiac arrowheads that sit above the cutouts in thier place. To do it right, I'll probably have to weld in some steel where I remove the lenses, and smooth it over with body filler. Then feather it out and paint to match. That's an aweful lot of work.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not purely cosmetic

I have a few solid aluminum spherical shift knobs lying around. I always liked the heft of those knobs and I think they improve the feel of the shift lever movement. I have ways of dealing with the temperature issues, so that's not a factor (driving gloves in the winter and a sleeve to cover it while parked outisde in the summer). From a cosmetic standpoint, I think it adds another retro element to the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I LIKE that look. It compliments the bezels around the gauges and shift boot quite nicely.

·
Registered
533 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I LIKE that look. It compliments the bezels around the gauges and shift boot quite nicely.
The company below will probably have a knob that fits if you're interested. I purchased knobs from them for several of my past vehicles. You can get them in either a brushed or polished aluminum finish. The trick will be figuring out the thread measurements on the Solstice's shift lever.

http://www.teamvoodoo.com/Voodoo/Knobs.html

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Toying with the idea of having the hard plastic around the guages painted to match the exterior color of the car. Others have expressed interest in having the windshield surround painted as well. Not an issue for me as I plan on getting a car with colors similar to the car displayed last spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts