Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone tracking assigned build weeks? I'm just curious who has what week and have you been pushed back at all?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For this I mean Non-First 1000.

Mine is Augest 22nd build week.
Deep/black leather. I live in Ontario.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SlipSlider said:
For this I mean Non-First 1000.

Mine is Augest 22nd build week.
Deep/black leather. I live in Ontario.

My dealer said that they are still not giving build dates. That stopped in june. However I'm a zerro zipper and my car is suppose to be built right after first thousand. ( I HOPE )I've been waiting for a long time for this car, about 3 years.I hope to have it in september some time.

zerro/zipper from ct.

·
Registered
905 Posts
After my dealer put me in the system 2 weeks ago he supposedly got a delivery date, but he wasn't going to give me it because he didn't want to get my hopes up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Adrenaline said:
After my dealer put me in the system 2 weeks ago he supposedly got a delivery date, but he wasn't going to give me it because he didn't want to get my hopes up.
Yep ... there was originally a problem with the build dates, since all of the first 1000 orders had not been pulled to the front of the queue yet. They came back and stated that the build dates were not accurate and they were not updating them in the immediate future. I believe dealers can still go into the code history and see what date was given, but it can not be relied on. That's probably why your dealer did not give it out. It sounds like SlipSlider's dealer has done exactly the opposite and raised his hopes prematurely. At the current line rate, the first 1000 alone are going to take all of August and possibly much of September to be produced. So regular allocation cars won't be rolling off the line for a while. Check some of SmallDealer's old posts for the warnings about build dates being cancelled.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlySol said:
Yep ... there was originally a problem with the build dates, since all of the first 1000 orders had not been pulled to the front of the queue yet. They came back and stated that the build dates were not accurate and they were not updating them in the immediate future. I believe dealers can still go into the code history and see what date was given, but it can not be relied on. That's probably why your dealer did not give it out. It sounds like SlipSlider's dealer has done exactly the opposite and raised his hopes prematurely. At the current line rate, the first 1000 alone are going to take all of August and possibly much of September to be produced. So regular allocation cars won't be rolling off the line for a while. Check some of SmallDealer's old posts for the warnings about build dates being cancelled.
My Build date has been bumped twice and finally it sits where it does. It'll probably move, but it being where it is keeps me going :)

So no one else even cares when their build week is?

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
SlipSlider said:
My Build date has been bumped twice and finally it sits where it does. It'll probably move, but it being where it is keeps me going :)

On the contrary, I, too, have my build week displayed.(See sig.)

If my dealer has no info at the close of that week, I'll be annoying again, as I have no doubt annoyed them in the past. :devil:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate the TPW really is. I'm a first 1,000 purchaser, and as of Friday I STILL had no TPW listed!

Hopefully it changes soon, but as of now I have no idea when I will receive my car.

Flagg

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
SlipSlider said:

I do ... I'd love to be able to find out when mine will be built, but the people in the know have told us flat out that they're not accurate, so I haven't even bothered to ask my dealer. Dealers aren't supposed to be giving them out anymore anyway, so it would probably just piss me off if my dealer was one of the boneheads who didn't know any better. I'm hoping they'll have the first 1000 done by early September. With only 180 completed so far, it appears that having them done in August is now close to impossible.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SlySol With only 180 completed so far said:
Thanks for the data. From my order date, GM announcements, and this production rate, I deduce my delivery date as mid-May of 2006. Sigh. Oh well, just in time for next summer . I'll take it; I'm happy to hold out for American ingenuity.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Is anyone tracking assigned build weeks? I'm just curious who has what week and have you been pushed back at all?
I also live in Ontario, Canada and my Solstice was to be built the week of August 8. Since then, it was pushed back to the week of august 21. So if it gets built on the 21st, then the earliest that i could get my sol (giving 10 days for delivery) is August 31. Ohh ya, i got 15 pics of all 14 solstices in oshawa but they turned out in black and white(i used a crappy disposable) nothing that we havent seen before. All cars said for export; to canada, and they also had the wrinkles on the side of the roof.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
outerspace said:
Thanks for the data. From my order date, GM announcements, and this production rate, I deduce my delivery date as mid-May of 2006. Sigh. Oh well, just in time for next summer
It might not be that bad. If they can get up to full production by the time they start building the regular allocation cars sometime in September (assuming all goes well), they should be able to make a big dent in the 9000 or so orders they have to fill. Any first allocation cars should make it out by early next year. Where do you stand in the waiting list at your dealer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
First. But they won't tell me when they're taking shipment. :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
outerspace said:
First. But they won't tell me when they're taking shipment. :(
Yep ... dealers haven't really been given any good idea of when to expect their cars yet. But if you have the first slot of their first allocation, there is a good chance you will get yours by the end of the year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts