Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend likes to thrift shop for various pieces of decor and I came across this at one location. Got a kick out of it and thought maybe I'll try this paint scheme on my gxp. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it would be nice to bring out on the next cruise!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The store was in North Richland Hills, not one she normally goes to, we drove by and decided to look. I want to say it was called Texas Thrift. I was tempted to get it, paint it black and try to add certain touches to make it resemble my car, but we took the gxp so no room for that!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's neat! If I had children I would definitely buy it and make it up to match my car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I still have the first version they made...I left the stickers off and my boys used to drive it around the yard. The body color is a light blue instead of that purple.

Now it sits in my shed waiting for me to get it going again.

·
Registered
848 Posts
buy it, install lawn motor motor and drivetrain, turbo charger optional, replace plastic wheels with rubber, and have at it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
This one was actually kinda ragged also, we had to buy a battery and one of the side mirrors fell off but she still loves it no matter the shape. Next week I'm going to sand it down and spray paint it "cool" and add some racing stripes so it looks like mine.

For $35 you should buy it and put another $50 into it. Worth it since they don't make them anymore. When we were looking they were few and far between, had to look for awhile.

Looking at your pics that one looks in better shape then the one I got and mine was $100.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
$50 won't do it. It needs a battery and charger (about $100), and then there's no guarantee that there isn't something else wrong with it. It's also missing a mirror. I thought about painting it to match my car too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Those batteries and chargers are pretty standard in all the powerwheels, you might be able to find one cheaper. Search ebay for "modifiedpowerwheels" but it's the shipping that will hurt. Folks will often put in a larger voltage when the kids are older for some more torque. I was lucky and was able to recondition the battery I had.

The charging cable is pretty rudimentary, I use an intelligent battery charger instead.

Honestly these things are hard to find, if you want one, you'll kick yourself for not shelling out $35.

The smiles on both your granddaughters faces will be worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts