Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Technically only YOU can have the first 1000 spot, because the person who signed up for it is the only person who can take delivery. After the car is delivered you could sell the car.

·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
After the car is delivered you could sell the car.
As a used vehicle! You will have paid fees, and the next buyer will have to pay fees!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey Steve- Just to let you know, it's NOT :nono: an option you can sell to anyone...you either buy the car in the name you registered under during the "Appentice" promotion, or you don't buy it at all (ref. to 1st 1000 only)! You can however, sell the car AFTER you take delivery...bet you'll get a lot of takers!!... :thumbs: Wonder what it's worth??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Your going to have to buy it, and sell it on your own, or just step aside and let someone who has been waitlisted and really wants it have it. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hence the reason they had us signup and get unique customer #s before hand. They have the first 1000 cars branded to 1000 people.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Delnari said:
Try giving it back to the dealer for an incentive towards another vehicle. Maybe a nice new GTO.
I could think of better was to blow my money... :brentil: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Delnari said:
Try giving it back to the dealer for an incentive towards another vehicle. Maybe a nice new GTO.
Dealer can't take it either. Cancelled first 1000 falls back into the national wait list which is outside dealer scope (in the early stages of this process).

At some point later in the process the dealer would get the car but we do not know exactly when that is (once build is started?, once they officially close the first 1000, ???).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the dealership --- after taking delivery.
I can sell it another party with zero miles!

I am very disappointed in Pontiac's Planning to deliver a convertible in the month of October, November or December in Chicago.

I won't be able to drive it until the following May when everyone else will have one???

So, the Solstice (first 1,000) has lost it's appeal to me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
mceb said:
Dealer can't take it either. Cancelled first 1000 falls back into the national wait list which is outside dealer scope (in the early stages of this process).

At some point later in the process the dealer would get the car but we do not know exactly when that is (once build is started?, once they officially close the first 1000, ???).

He could wait until it's delivered then give back to the dealer for a reduce price on something on his lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have ordered the Gray Color (Apprentice Edition) with all options!!!!

Looks Awesome!!!!

Anyone interested???

·
Registered
515 Posts
Delnari said:
He could wait until it's delivered then give back to the dealer for a reduce price on something on his lot.
If for some reason I decided I didn't want the car, that's what I would do. Even if there was a foot of snow on the ground, the dealer could still sell it for over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Delnari said:
Yes of course if he takes delivery it's his and he can sell it to anyone.

The main part of my point is if he bails now before delivery he and dealer are out.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Get back to the main point of what responses should be! This forum as of yet does not allow buying and selling, except like, "Hey I just upgraded my Sol to aftermarket wheels and have a set of zero mile oem wheels if anyone is interested". Granted, we presume you are not in the "business" of car selling and as such are not an approved dealer member, and certainly once you take delivery or the car arrives at the dealership, you or they can dispose of it as you/they wish at that point, with whatever consequences go with that decision. Keep in mind all the wrath that came down on the ebay sellers trying the same thing.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I don't see this post as really violating the forum's "Commercial Posting" and "For Sale" Rules. We allow individuals to offer their own property for sale, as long as it is not in an attempt to sell things as part of their business.

I don't really care for the ethics of reserving an EOP 1000 Solstice to sell right away and profit off of it, but its still not a direct violation of the rules. If he takes delivery of the car, he can do what he likes with it I guess.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Steve,

Hang on Buddy, I'm trying to change my identity to Steve so I can get a first 1000. We were not allowed to participate in the first 1000 here in Canada.

How do you spell your last name??? (just kidding)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
CanSol said:
Steve,

Hang on Buddy, I'm trying to change my identity to Steve so I can get a first 1000. We were not allowed to participate in the first 1000 here in Canada.

How do you spell your last name??? (just kidding)
Yes, but you can enter to WIN one from Pontiac for free. We don't qualify for that giveaway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"Keep in mind all the wrath that came down on the ebay sellers trying the same thing."

What happened to people that were trying to sell on e-bay?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts