Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
He may not sell it here, but once the cars hit the street and it truly keeps with or outhandles a S2K and leaves the Miata in the dust, there are going to be a lot of people paying that or more, wait an see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys!

The price is based on supply & demand.
It is called market based pricing!
It is a price someone is willing to pay based on limited supply of goods or services.

I am sure someone is willing to pay the price or more if they want the car that much.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Come on guys, if you can't handle this like adults I'm going to prune this thread of everything not relevant. You might not like that he's selling his EOP car, but it's his car and he has the right to once he takes delivery.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm with Brentil. His car, his choice. Let's face it, for enough $$$$ everyone here will sell out. It's just a matter of how much. Get off your soap boxes. By the way I plan on keeping my car, too. However.....for enough $$$$$$$, who knows.

Steak

·
Registered
479 Posts
I plan on keeping my car also, BUT, if some speculator walks up to me at the dealership on delivery day and offers 35K in cold hard cash, well lets just say it will be a difficult decision.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Let me reiterate what Brentil said...

brentil said:
Come on guys, if you can't handle this like adults I'm going to prune this thread of everything not relevant. You might not like that he's selling his EOP car, but it's his car and he has the right to once he takes delivery.
Fact is, if bought a Solstice and someone offered me way over what I paid, I'd sell the car on the spot. It would have to be a good deal, to cover the tax and tags charges I paid, plus that amount on the replacement solstice I would have to order.

It would take one heck of an offer, paying $24,500 for the car, plus finance charges (give or take $1000) tax and tags ($2000) plus tax and tags on the replacement Solstice ($2000) would mean I would have to get $29,500 just to break even. So at $30,000, I would only make a $500 profit. I doubt I would be offered more than that for a Solstice, regardless of how tight initial supply is. However, if I did, I would sell it.

Lay off of him. He is buying the car. He is going to try and sell it. Deal with it. It does mean a potential first 1000 buyer cannot get a car, which is unfortunate, but for all we know the next guy in line might just be another speculator anyway.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Guys, How many times do the Mods have to tell you?
Lay off of him!
If you don't like it... Just IGNORE it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
More power to him if he wants to sell it. Tho you've got the best chance as suggested getting the $$ on ebay. Too many people here prepared to wait. Once the cars start getting out, my bet is the premium they'll bring will fade rapidly.

He got in line, took his chances, got an early car, if he wants to sell it by all means. It's just a car, besides, he can pocket the extra $$$ and in six months buy a car for msrp.
Chris

·
Registered
766 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Let me reiterate what Brentil said...

Fact is, if bought a Solstice and someone offered me way over what I paid, I'd sell the car on the spot. It would have to be a good deal, to cover the tax and tags charges I paid, plus that amount on the replacement solstice I would have to order.

It would take one heck of an offer, paying $24,500 for the car, plus finance charges (give or take $1000) tax and tags ($2000) plus tax and tags on the replacement Solstice ($2000) would mean I would have to get $29,500 just to break even. So at $30,000, I would only make a $500 profit. I doubt I would be offered more than that for a Solstice, regardless of how tight initial supply is. However, if I did, I would sell it.

Lay off of him. He is buying the car. He is going to try and sell it. Deal with it. It does mean a potential first 1000 buyer cannot get a car, which is unfortunate, but for all we know the next guy in line might just be another speculator anyway.
The second tax on the resale would be paid by the 2nd buyer not the first, so the profit made by Steve would be roughly 7% x 30,000= $2,100 more. Of course the second buyer would have to pay this over and above the 30k when he buys it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Zolsol said:
The second tax on the resale would be paid by the 2nd buyer not the first, so the profit made by Steve would be roughly 7% x 30,000= $2,100 more. Of course the second buyer would have to pay this over and above the 30k when he buys it.
Nah, I was talking about myself. If I were to get a Sol, then sell it. I would pay the tax again because I would need a second Sol for myself. ;)

Ok, now for all the flames that were in this thread:

They are obviously been removed. We don't want to see them in here again. We all know there are people who do not like the practive of buying this car just to sell it. However, anyone can do whatever they want with their car. Don't like Steve selling it, please move onto another post.

Finally, please be advised of the following "For sale thread" rules.

Forum Rules said:
It is inappropriate to throw cold water on the For Sale theads posted by other members or a vendor by attacking the price or quality of the [SOLSTICE], parts or service being offered for sale or suggesting alternate sources for the item.

If you don’t like the price or the item being offered, move on.

It boils down to this: If your contribution to a For Sale thread does not advance the sale of the item being offered, you’re probably in the way and shouldn’t be in the thread. If you don’t like the deal, you should take it to e-mail or IMs.

If you believe other Forum members are in jeopardy because of the seller's offer, notify a moderator.
Reference: Forum rules/guidelines/ettiquete
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600

With that said, the moderators do not want to see anyone else throwing cold water onto for sale threads such as this. If you don't like the price being asked, let your silence be deafening. Failure to comply with these rules could result in adverse action against your forum posting privilidges.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ever heard of Free Enterprise?

This is just what made America Great: Free Enterprise. You get a product that someone else wants and is willing to pay your price, you sell it. The product is not a member of your family. You can get another one. :willy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why was my quote remove I was honest and did not intend to hurt anyones feelings. Bob???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
75 Posts
When someone violates my first amendment rights I will not contribute to any forums. I am older and wiser. I will not here anyones reply.I will not return to this forum. Good luck to all in your indeavors. Bob THE OLD MAN.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SCSOLSTICE,

I think you'll find ALL forums are set up that way - they are private spaces on the internet. I think you'll also find wide variety of forums that are tighter controlled, and ones that are basically uncontrolled. We try to keep a balance here. Since you made your farewell public, I decided to respond in public.

You have the right to get your own server space, register your own domain, and start up your own blog or forum.

Have a read through the rules, I think we've gone out of our way to be as fair as absolutely possible, while trying to maintain some semblence of respect. Specifically the first part in this post of the rules here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16684&postcount=5

I don't know what your response was - it is possible that it got lost in the attempt at pruning the thread.

Sorry that you see it as an inappropriate deletion - but if it was respectful and didn't quote something that was considered disrepectful, you shouldn't have any trouble reposting it - assuming you decide to stay.

(post edit) I found your post. a request to cancel an attempted sale is borderline - but, I support the other mods (who are, incidentally, moderating the forum like myself because we like it and love the car, for FREE). I'd consider it enough of a cold-water throw on a sale that, along with the other stuff, WAS appropriate for deletion. Sorry if you didn't see it that way.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SCSOLSTICE said:
Why was my quote remove I was honest and did not intend to hurt anyones feelings. Bob?????
Since I pruned that post, and you brought the issue up in public, I will respond directly to you in this thread SCSOLSTICE....

My reasoning. First, refer to this portion of the forum rules for For Sale threads (it is a couple posts up in it's entirety).

forum rules said:
If your contribution to a For Sale thread does not advance the sale of the item being offered, you’re probably in the way and shouldn’t be in the thread
To be honest, this thread as a whole was a mess. Hardly any of the posts in this thread have anything to do with furthering the original poster's "for sale" add. Although your post was not directly inflamatory, it was contrary to the poster selling his vehicle. Also, your request for him to not accept his car instead of taking it and selling it is an issue that can become inflamatory. So I agree that you indeed did not intend to offend anyone. However, your contribution in this thread was also a violation of the forum rules, and one in a series of posts that dragged the thread off topic.

In the future if you decide to stay, (we hope you do), if you have an issue with something a moderator has done, you should email or private message the moderator instead of making an issue of it in public. We would appreciate it, and I am sure you would appreciate our response in private too.

Steve, I may end up closing this post, depending on how it goes from here.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
FFormula88 said:

Zolsol said:
Fformula88 said:
Nah, I was talking about myself. If I were to get a Sol, then sell it. I would pay the tax again because I would need a second Sol for myself. ;)
I see what ZolSol was saying. Let's say you buy the car for $24,500 and pay $1k finance charges and $2k tax, tag, etc. So you're out the door in your new Sol for $27,500. If somebody came and handed you $27,500 cash, and you could go right back and get the same deal, you could get a new car and be right back where you started. Anything above that is profit. So if somebody gave you $29,500, you could go back in and buy the car for $24,500 and pay your $2000 taxes and still have the extra $2000 in your pocket when you leave. Obviously, you won't be able to just get another car right away though. And the dealer may be asking more than MSRP at that point.

It would take a lot more than $2000 profit for me to give up my car, but as others said, we all have our price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I noticed this was in the EOP section. So, is there a dedicated classified section? If not, would it make sense if there was?

$.02

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.