Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum leech here. I couldn't find what I was looking for so I suppose I will make a thread in hopes you all can help me out. I have the Appradio 2 installed in my Solstice. It was a DIY install and it's not 100% complete, because I don't really have my mind set on what I want to do with the addons (GPS antenna, microphone, iPhone & Android cables). Right now I have the phone cables coming out near the floor, but I wanted to see what ideas or examples you guys have for clutter free and NEAT cockpit. The microphone and GPS antenna are still sitting in the box. You don't have to have the same radio as me, but if you could please share some pictures of your set up, that would be awesome! I'm thinking about drilling into my dash and putting female connectors for my iPhone and Android cables, but I'd like to see what you lot have pulled off first.

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
My ears were burning.

My druthers are always for a "can't tell it's there", or "can't tell it's not factory" appearance. So, no photos, but suggestions are:

- Microphone: Are you still using the factory mic (OnStar)? If not, reuse the factory location on the driver's A-pillar... either splice in to the factory mic, or pull and replace. I had an aftermarket bluetooth for a while and tested many locations for the 'best' place for the mic. Found that area near the top of the A-pillar was actually the least wind-buffeted location (wow, whoda thunk - GM must've designed right?). I still added a wind-shield though: Mod: (Easy) Fix to allow use of Onstar/Bluetooth microphone, top down at speed

- GPS antenna: I'd go for the front windshield base and wired up from below, so you can't see the wire.

- Phone cables: Either wired inside the glove compartment (how I have my USB port) or run back under the center console and inside the rear cubby.

Good luck - love to see what you've done so far and how you go forward... (remember:
)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I put a double din Kenwood into mine last year. Backup cam was the hardest to route. Antennae was located under the center console, but really wants to be on top of the cubby inside the waterfall. Someday, I'll move it up. Mic was located below the factory location. You can see the mic location and headunit placement in my garage images.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TS - Thanks, I'll look into that with the phone cables. Never thought about them coming from the cubby. I'll post pics as soon as I am done.

KO - Checked out you garage pics. Does the mic really work that well in that position and that distance from the driver?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Check out my sig for my install of a Pioneer double din deck ages ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts