Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote "Anyone else amazed at how many people out there seemed to have seen the Solstice for the first time on the Apprentice, and went down to the dealer to place an order the next day? "
----------------------------------------

How many of the people that saw the car in 2002 would of done the same thing... "IF" it would of been an option that very next day? There is something about the car... that look and the price range-that makes it extra attractive, especially when you add in the 1st 1000 special edition factor. Not to mention the way that Pontiac set this up...

I had never heard of the car before the show on Thursday night (10 pm),on a whim, I registered around 11:30 p.m. - with the thought of possibly calling the dealership the next morning to learn more about the car. I wanted one of the first 1,000 but if I didn't get one - I wouldn't of ordered right away... I thought that I'd wait and test drive it and see what the colors actually looked like. I wondered about the comfort and the size of the car (some pictures of the car make the driver look like they just don't fit in there, like the car is too small for the driver... if that is the case and it isn't comfy or what I want-I'll gladly give it up to the 'next person in line.

That is how it started. I thought that I might be better off waiting to see if there where problems with it. It might be a good idea to wait and order a car after seeing and test driving it, but regardless, I wanted to learn more. I took a late lunch and went to the dealership around 1:30 - just to give it a try. If the computers wouldn't of crashed the outcome may have been different for a lot of people.... the new car sales manager just kept trying to get the order through. I was one of the lucky ones, but at the same time I was the only person interested at our local dealership. To this day, no one else has tired to order-one of the other four that they might of ordered.

I had no clue that there was such an interest in the car. On Friday, after placing a (refundable) deposit and my order I called several other dealerships to see if this it was just another sales pitch. One dealer close by had a similar situation - and very little interest in the car. The other-said that they had 2 people interested... then I called a larger city and they said that if I wanted a car it would probably be 2007 not 2006. A much different story there! They had a waiting list.

Insult to injury... I don't usually watch the Apprentice show but-the remote broke and channel surfin was out for the night, crazy as it sounds... here I am. The sharp little car caught my eye. Now, I want the car... as much as someone that saw it "first" back in 2002.

Impulse... would you of ordered it the next day - after You had first saw the car? (add in the 1st 1000, special edition factor in and...) :yesnod:

·
Registered
288 Posts
While I am sure that you feel strongly about the car I think it's unfair when people say, "as much as someone that saw it "first" back in 2002". I'm sure that you might think that you want it as much, but there is no way that you can add in 3 years worth of anticipation overnight.

Hell, I only first saw the car at the car show in St. Louis back in January '05. Just those four months of anticipation have been hell. I can only imagine what the people must be feeling that have been following this car and wanting one from its concept inception. (almost sounds religious)

Anticipation is the worst part about desire. Waiting...waiting......waiting...........

·
Registered
936 Posts
I saw the car 2 years ago and new I would buy one right away. I am amazed at the interst that came of the Program as I had 2 years to get ready and didn't think there would be that much turn out from veiwers simply because of the time frame to make that big decision. This is a good thread I am intrested in seeing how many people bought after just hearing about the car. Welcome to the new people and I understand your quick decision because this car does have it all and I know the solstice is going to be the next American icon or the next Corvette. I never bought a car without first driving it and getting a good deal but this car has to be everything we think it is. The only thing that would have stopped me from buying is dealer gouging and that is one of the big things that made the first 1000 an urgent quest for me.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm still a newbie on this site. I saw the car last year and couldn't get it out of my mind. My dealer told me about it but didn't have any info. I found pics on the web and then stumbled onto this Forum late last year. After lurking for awhile, I decided to join. The car is fantastic and so is this Forum. I hope the Forum doesn't die after the cars start to be delivered to the dealers. I hope this is the birthplace of a group of interlinked clubs across the states. :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I guess I hadn't thought about the "no risk" factor of signing up for an EOP car. Don't like it? Change your mind? Can't really afford it? No problem, just walk away. Someone else will gladly take it. I hadn't really thought about that angle. As to whether I would has signed up after seeing the car the first time the next day, I'd have to say no. I needed more info. Anyone who has been reading my posts over the last year can tell that I've been waffling between Solstice and Miata. I am proud to say though, I am solidly in the Solstice camp now! :cheers: :party: :patriot:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts