Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TIVO now shows the April 14th listing for The Apprentice.

"A Lonely Drive"
With six candidates remaining, the teams create promotional brochures for a limited-edition automobile, a challenge that takes them all night to complete.

At least they were only involved in the brochures! Wonder if they are the ones we've seen already?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Apprentice Fear

Is anyone else afraid of the marketing that these candidates will put together? I have not seen all of the episodes, but I did see the one with the cucumber. They always show next week shots at the end of the show - looking forward to that. Is Pontiac going to roll their own spots prior to the show? The candidates might only be working on the brochure - real Solstice spots might not run until right after the show on the 14th?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
xfire305 said:
Is Pontiac going to roll their own spots prior to the show? The candidates might only be working on the brochure - real Solstice spots might not run until right after the show on the 14th?
Yea GM won't trust these clowns to make their commercial. It was reported that they worked on some type of brochure for ordering.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is hope!

I watched The Apprentice for the first time last week, just out of curiosity from all the talk here. Both teams had to create and sell a new type of pizza for Dominos. Both teams came up with a meatball pizza...The Donald happened to casually mention that he likes meatballs. The same week that the episode aired, Dominos added a new pizza to there menu: American Classic Cheeseburger! Obviously Dominos didn't use what the teams came up with.

Hopefully, this means that Pontiac will throw whatever they came up with in the trash, and just be happy to get a 1 hour commercial out of the deal.

During the whole show, I kept thinking "This is the bright future of corporate America?...SCARY"

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I can't see how they are going to make an hour-long show exciting by designing a "brochure"...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I can't see how they are going to make an hour-long show exciting by designing a "brochure"...
First 10 minutes recap and fluff, 20 minutes of the contest (in this case building the brochure), half hour of boardroom "drama" on who gets fired this week.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
NytLyt said:
There is hope!

I watched The Apprentice for the first time last week, just out of curiosity from all the talk here. Both teams had to create and sell a new type of pizza for Dominos. Both teams came up with a meatball pizza...The Donald happened to casually mention that he likes meatballs. The same week that the episode aired, Dominos added a new pizza to there menu: American Classic Cheeseburger! Obviously Dominos didn't use what the teams came up with.

Hopefully, this means that Pontiac will throw whatever they came up with in the trash, and just be happy to get a 1 hour commercial out of the deal.

During the whole show, I kept thinking "This is the bright future of corporate America?...SCARY"
But PAPA JOHN's did come out with a meatball pizza, just saw ad last night. Corporate espionage in the pizza kngdom! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Some of them did get used. Like the GT4 adds, the Home Depot Box idea, the Burger King one, etc.

The show actuall brakes down more into 5 min recap, 35 min task, 20 min ending also.

The show will go over whatever drama this week they have going on, along with them learning about the car more then likely, and whatever they need to do to be able to design the brochure.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
TVRules website has the episode summary up too now:

Episode Guide: The Apprentice: #312 The Lonely Drive 4/14/2005

With six candidates left, the teams are challenged to create a promotional brochure for a limited edition automobile on this episode of "The Apprentice," Thursday, April 14 (9:00-9:59 PM) on NBC.

The task goes all night and both project managers have different experiences with their teammates as the task continues into the early morning hours.

THE APPRENTICE
Episode: "A Lonely Drive" No.312
Date: 4-14-2005
Time: 9:00PM-9:59PM
Network: NBC

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
Yea GM won't trust these clowns to make their commercial. It was reported that they worked on some type of brochure for ordering.
When I stopped by my dealer yesterday, they gave me a little postcard sized hand-out with the EOP rules on it, which was probably part of their EOP promotional material. It also has a small photo of the Solstice and a statement along the lines of "as featured on The Apprentice" or some such nonsense (I didn't bring the card with me to work so I don't know the exact wording.) I wonder if this is the brochure that was designed by the contestants. I guess we'll all find out next week.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There's now an ad for The Apprentice at pontiac.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Fortimir said:

They should of had some of use guest on the show and let us design something for the Sol! We'd probably do a better job and get some inside infor at the some time! :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
brentil said:
Damn you Pontiac, stop advertising my chance to get an EOP!!! :D

Did you see the thread about the Times Square billboard? Now we're really sunk!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Maybe they didn't 43 out of 72 in latest poll was enough to account for all 1000.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts