Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Who wins the Solstice Brochure Task (per TVGUIDE) on 4/14

• Net Worth (Currently Alex and Chris as of 4/7)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Magna (Tana Bren Craig and Kendra as of 4/7)

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • They BOTH loose (similar to a previous task)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? Who's it gonna be?

For those apprentice watchers, who wins the brochure contest?

from TV Guide:

<imagine this in Donald Trump's voice:> said:
...The six remainaing candidates pull all-nighters as the struggle to come up with promotional brochures for a limited-edition automobile.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I went with Magna beause recently they've been doing a lot better with these projects then when they started. It really seems to be once they got rid of all the people who were f-ing around and causing problems they've been able to be far more productive and succesful.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As did I. However, I think I would actually vote on any team that Tana is on - especially as the numbers dwindle and she as a larger share of the control.

She seems to have this "unassuming" air about her, but when the going gets tough, she seems to have a true instinct for the things she can control, the things she can influence, and the stuff that's not worth a single moment of wasted energy.

So, if Net Worth gets to "choose" someone to "even up" the teams, and they choose Tana, my money would be on Net Worth.

HOWEVER, I am going by memory, but I could swear I saw Bren and Alex and Chris crowded in the back of a taxicab at the previews - which would mean they chose Bren.

Bren is no slouch, either. He does seem to have creativity, maybe a bit more than Tana. Craig and Kendra are kinda duds on Magna - and Bren may have a slight advantage working with Alex and the "reformed" Chris...

So who knows? I'm still betting on Tana to pull this through - she is smarter in getting to understand exactly what is being asked of the task, understanding who is judging and what they are looking for. So I gave the edge to her.

Interesting - the wildcard, of course is Trump himself. I think he 90% knows the top 4 people he wants to pick his Apprentice from - right from episode 1 or 2. The rest is purely set up to create tension and drama - like letting that tobacco-chewing Chris stick around, when there was absolutely no reason for it. I know in 90% of the businesses and corporations today, if anyone acted like Chris in an office environment, he would be severely repremanded or dismissed because of today's "workplace violence" sensitivity. Nobody wants a potential "bomb" as an employee, let alone an apprentice. But he creates terriffic situations - so Trump keeps him.

Oh well, that's my take on it. It's like a puzzle - Burnett is really quite a smart Aussie.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
airbalancer said:
I really cannot beleive people watch this show
I watch it to catch all the Solstice glimps I can, yeah, that's it. :D
The shows really not that bad. It gets much better as they narrow people down too. I'm kinda interested in next season too since Marthaw Stewart will be replacing the Trump.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, once I heard about the Martha Stewart thing, I decided I won't be watching #4.

Insider trading is ok - just a bit of cupcake jail time without all her arts and crafts... no stigma, and BANG she's back to being a normal billionaire, even showing off her new ankle bracelet. No stigma associated with being convicted of basically cheating.

No thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, this one is not as good as the previous Apprentice. The contestants seem to ruin it most of the time. Still a great concept, and is fun to watch all of The Donald's cheesiness...I love how the guy gets under the skin of PC types. :)

Now, Martha Stewart on The Apprentice? Change the channel. She will just use it as a platform to get back at the courts and those who helped convict her. It will turn into a political infomercial for her...Get over it, Martha. You were rightly busted for crime you committed. You can never get rid of your felony record, so move on.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It really is one of the better reaility shows because it's around business tasks. Little less crap than you see on most of them but agree Trump probably decides up front who his final four is and just spends 12 weeks weeding out the rest.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm really interested in seeing this weeks Apprentice. We'll get to see real reactions to the car from real people who get to sit in it and aren't direct GM marketing employees. I think it'll be great to see it from hopefully all kinds of angles, and if we're really lucky they might put the top up or show us different colors too. Who knows what the post show advertisement will hold as well.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
solsticeman said:
...Interesting - the wildcard, of course is Trump himself... ...purely set up to create tension and drama - like letting that tobacco-chewing Chris stick around, when there was absolutely no reason for it. I know in 90% of the businesses and corporations today, if anyone acted like Chris in an office environment, he would be severely repremanded or dismissed because of today's "workplace violence" sensitivity. Nobody wants a potential "bomb" as an employee, let alone an apprentice. But he creates terriffic situations - so Trump keeps him...
What did I say? (saw that this morning, LMFAO)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Net Worth.

Those guys are useless... but C'mon, these are cars. I will assume that guys can market a car better then girls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts