Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy,

Like to hear your opinion to see if there is need to develp the Molded Splash Guard for Solstice? Anybody is encountering the paint damage from the debris/pebble?

The reason to ask this question is we have made the Corvette Z06 Style Splash Guard for both C6 & Z06 and also C5. For Corvette, many owners have severe paint damage and they came to Forum to request the vender to make it available and we respond to it. We sell lots of such Molded Splash Guard in Corvette community.

We are thinking if Solstice have similiar need, then we can make it available to help solve your problem.

We post some pictures for your reference. If you like to learn more about our Splash Guard please go to our web APSIS USA, INC. - Order on Line - The Final Touch on Autosport and Luxury!. We have both Long Version and Short Version. Some customers like to be more aggressive then they go with the Long Version. Some customers like to be more subtle then they go with the Short Version. Here is the link direct to the Splash Guard page on our web------

APSIS-Lamination Wood Dashes.......!

Here are the pictures--------

·
Registered
161 Posts
If it's unobtrusive and the fit and finish looks like it belongs on the car, then it's something that I would add.

The one on the corvette, goes up a little too high on the wheel for my taste. Sure would be nice to see a pic of one on a solstice.

Cheers
M

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
If it's unobtrusive and the fit and finish looks like it belongs on the car, then it's something that I would add.

The one on the corvette, goes up a little too high on the wheel for my taste. Sure would be nice to see a pic of one on a solstice.

Cheers
M
:agree: I would like to see the CF on a Sol too. I never have liked the looks of splash guards, but would like the protection ... I may consider a set of the CF, if the price was right.
:cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cheers
M
Here is the link to our C6 Splash Guard Short Version. It is more subtle but serves the same purpose. It reaches to about half the height of Long Version.

APSIS-Lamination Wood Dashes.......!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The factory splash guards for the solstice are quite nice (at least the rear ones) I'm sure people would like something in that same shape, but with the carbon fiber touch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The factory splash guards for the solstice are quite nice (at least the rear ones) I'm sure people would like something in that same shape, but with the carbon fiber touch.

Can you guy post a picture of the factory's rear splash guard? I am still learning little by little about Solstice.

The reason we make the Molded Splash Guard is C6 Corvette Z06 have factory splash guard but C6 don't. So many C6 customers want to have similiar Z06 Style for C6.

More over, the Z06 have rear splash guard only and there is no front splash guard from factory. The problem is the tire is very wide and it picks up lots of rocks/pebble so the paint have very severe damage. Then many Z06 owners posted requests to ask venders to make it available. We respond to customer's call.

But we don't know if Solstice have similiar problem or not. Please give us more input so we can learn from you.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The Solstice has front and rear splash guards available from the factory. I really like the shape and appearance of the rear guards. The front ones don't "do it" for me though. Here is a pic of the guards off and on the
vehicle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Solstice has front and rear splash guards available from the factory. I really like the shape and appearance of the rear guards. The front ones don't "do it" for me though. Here is a pic of the guards off and on the
vehicle.

Thanks for the Splash Guard pictures.

Since Solstice already have the factory splash guards, then if customers are interested in the carbon finish we can make for you. We have done lots of carbon splash guard for Z06 Corvette using the core exchange application.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
The problem with the factory ones is the front sits so low that going over speed bumps (even slow) they hit the bumps. Maybe you can make a better design.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Possibly on a dark Solstice but not on the Mean and other lighter colors -- well, it just looks too much to me.

Feel if you are going to be offering more CF pieces, there seems that there are far better pieces than this to invest your time and resources. To me a dipped process engine cover and fuse box cover. Additionally, would suggest in addition to the CF dash that you offer a matching rear valance behind the seats. I had this done on my GXP in the dipped method to save $$ versus real CF, and feel it is a great custom look. Copied what I saw in Vegas at SEMA a couple years ago. See attached.

Possibly a forum poll on what pieces people would want CF'd then follow a priority order for bringing pieces to market. Again, I would imagine time and resources are important for a good return on investment.

Picture is not my car but the RK Sport Sky I copied.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
I would be interested in "short" versions like on the C6 but for our car. I, personally, am not a big fan of the fake CF, however, I have to see it in person as I like the look of your 08 CF.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Apsis, couldn't you just buy a set of the Gm splash guards and dip them to whatever color I wanted? I am getting ready to order a set for my car and would love a set in yellow CF. Let me know if you can help me please. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts