Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Yes you finally joined!!! That dash is the best I have seen yet! I think it looks a hundred times better than the stick on ones and really would consider this part based on price. Love your work and the chrome rings around the vents looks sharp.

·
Registered
884 Posts
No thanks then. I'm not a fan of the look of carbon fiber, I'm a fan of lightening my car. Though I can't see the plastic dash weighing more than 15lbs anyhow.
If you are like probably 70% or more of Americans we could lose weight around our waists and it would cost nothing. Now is this sprung or unsprung weight??? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Is this a complete replacement for the interior IP trim piece or is it a cover piece that will stick to the dashboard already in the vehicle? I have already customized my dash, but this unit looks very nice. You may consider altering the mold as most people in here have devised ways to cover the annoying passenger airbag light. I'm sure you would have many happy customers if the dash was flat and flush in that area. I'm anxious to hear the price point of this piece.
:agree: :agree:

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
If you are like probably 70% or more of Americans we could lose weight around our waists and it would cost nothing. Now is this sprung or unsprung weight??? ;)
:agree: :agree: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sad but very true ...

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
while they make all kinds of cool stuff and this dash rocks, I hate to throw this off topic for a quick sec but they make awesome lighted door sills I want in pontiac red! :yesnod: Just waiting for when its available!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If you offer the CF, will you also then offer wood? I have the British theme going with envious (green) paint, sand and steel interior and the tan top. Wood accents are a natural (forgive the pun) for this theme. Already talking to a friend about manufacturing the buttress behind the seats out of wood and setting it up for an integrated, removable wind screen, also out of the same wood with a plexi insert.
Yes, we do beautiful Lamination Real Wood or Wood Look. We do lots of Lamination Real Wood for high end imports such as Mercedes, Range Rover...etc. If the price for real wood is not in your price range then we can make the dip print wood look for any parts you want.

If you want to learn more about our wood products, please go to our web APSIS USA, INC. - Order on Line - The Final Touch on Autosport and Luxury!. There are many pictures you can see.

We can make any wood you want such as burlwood, blackwood, black birdseye (Mercedes AMG's wood), zebrano...etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welcome Apsis! I checked out your web site and I am very impressed with the quality and variety (interior, exterior, and under hood) of CF products you offer for other vehicles. I sincerely hope you replicate this variety of products for the Solstice! Read the testimonials and saw the pic of the Silver CF dash in the Solstice. That pic was dated 2007... how come no Solstice section on your web site? I couldn't find any Solstice parts on your site.

Love the look of your CF dashes and might even consider the red/black carbon, but I'm concerned it would look too busy installed. I did not see any colored CF pics on your site. Your return policy looks pretty strict also. Perfect world, your site would have a virtual "build your own" section for the Solstice where we can enter our car's info (model, exterior paint color, interior colors) and then select a view of our car with your products installed? I would settle for some good pics that I could then photchop onto my car. :)

Looking forward to seeing more Apsis CF products for the Solstice! Hope you also make the waterfall, cupholders, and every other part that currently is either chrome, silver, or plastic. :yesnod:
Dear Bonefire,

I am glad that you do visit our web already.

In the past we didn't focus on Solstice. So even we had made the Lamination Silver Carbon for Solstice customer but we never come to forum to promote our products. Corvette market had made us busy enough.

Now we are ready for Solstice. Basically we can make ANY Solstice parts you want in carbon, from interior to exterior and under the hood. As long as the parts are rigid (not flexible) then we can make for you. Whatever you see in Corvette we can make the same for Solstice. Let's see how the Solstice customers respond to our products.

But the problem is the real carbon is expensive and it may not be most Solstice customers' price range. So we also offer the more affordable Carbon Look line. Basically we can make any parts you want in Carbon Look too. You just decide what pattern, what color, with or without color background ...etc, then we can finish for you.

Since we never focus on Solstice before, so we didn't invest much to build the core inventory yet. We particiate as Supporting Vender for 3 months and we will evaluate if it's worth us to focus on Solstice. If the response is positive, then we will build our inventory for immediate delivery. This is alwasys our goal--- Immediate Delivery. But it will take some time to reach the goal. For C6 Corvette, we have made more than 50 carbon items and we do carry inventory for immediate delivery. Hopefully it will be worth us to build inventory for Solstice too.

The Carbon w/Matching Color Background is new and we just start to offer such option lately. Originally we focus for C6 Corvette because there are many Corvette owners paint their dashes to matching exterior color. So we combine the Carbon Look with matching exterior color together to make the interior look more sporty and at the same time to have the matching color theme. We have taken some pictures but we don't have time to update our web yet. Really too busy!!! Next week I will post some Spoke Cap in Carbon w/matching color background to Solstice forum so members will get some idea. Actually it looks very beautiful.

So if you are interested in our products, please don't hesitage to support us. As long as we feel we won't lose money to invest the cores, then we will decide to build the inventory.

Hopefully we can bring lots of high quality unique products to Solstice community.

Rgds,

Jersey

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is this a complete replacement for the interior IP trim piece or is it a cover piece that will stick to the dashboard already in the vehicle? I have already customized my dash, but this unit looks very nice. You may consider altering the mold as most people in here have devised ways to cover the annoying passenger airbag light. I'm sure you would have many happy customers if the dash was flat and flush in that area. I'm anxious to hear the price point of this piece.

The pictures that we posted are for the core exchange application. You remove your existing dashes and then mount our carbon parts back in. So after installation you will feel like you get the carbon parts from OE.

We also make the less expensive flat stick-on application. Actually we've been making the flat stick-on type since early 90's but we like to make better quality products. For us, the flat stick-on dashes is cheap quality.

We just start to focus on Solstice. Let's see how the market response and we will decide if we want to develop more products for Solstice community.

Jersey

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I am not very familiar with Solstice yet and I don't fully understand what is the problem about the annoying passenger airbag light that you are talking about. Can you give me more indepth info so I can follow you? Or can you post a picture to show me the problem?

Basically what you can do is to send us your modified main dash and then we will use your part to finish in whatever the finish you like, either real carbon, GM 05-07 Carbon or GM 08 Carbon (the pics that you see in our post).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I am not very familiar with Solstice yet and I don't fully understand what is the problem about the annoying passenger airbag light that you are talking about. Can you give me more in depth info so I can follow you? Or can you post a picture to show me the problem?

Basically what you can do is to send us your modified main dash and then we will use your part to finish in whatever the finish you like, either real carbon, GM 05-07 Carbon or GM 08 Carbon (the pics that you see in our post).
Nice I was hoping this was better than your average stick on type carbon fiber. Our dash has a passenger airbag light that remains lit at all times. We do not even have a passenger airbag defeat so I have no idea why the engineers felt we needed this device. Here is a pic illustrating the annoying passenger airbag light.

Here is a sample of what people have done to cover it up (All pics stolen from this forum):

Remote mount radar detector display

Decorative decals to cover it:

Or Flat out removed it:

If your system had a smoothe covering like the last picture many people would be happy to upgrade their dashboard, and solve an annoying problem at the same time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Carbon Look w/Machine Silver Background

We just posted these pictures for C6 Carbon w/Machine Silver Background in Corvette Forum and got excellent compliments.

Since most Solstice customers don't have idea how the carbon w/matching color background will look like, so we decide to post those C6 pictures here for your reference. Hope you will like it.

Please note this carbon pattern is the GM 05-07 Carbon. It is different from the 08 Carbon that we posted in our OP.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nice I was hoping this was better than your average stick on type carbon fiber. Our dash has a passenger airbag light that remains lit at all times. We do not even have a passenger airbag defeat so I have no idea why the engineers felt we needed this device. Here is a pic illustrating the annoying passenger airbag light.

Here is a sample of what people have done to cover it up (All pics stolen from this forum):

Or Flat out removed it:

If your system had a smoothe covering like the last picture many people would be happy to upgrade their dashboard, and solve an annoying problem at the same time.
OK, now I got your point.

It's very easy. All we have to do is to close the hole and then dip print the carbon over it. That's it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Carbon Spoke Cap, Shift Knob, E-Brake ...

Hi Guys,

Since some members had requested about the carbon spoke cap, shift knob, e-brake handle ...etc, recently we just posted some pictures of these items in Corvette Forum and we would like to post them here so you will get the idea what the outcome will be.

For shift knob, we can either do the Top Cap only or we can do the whole knob. For the Spoke Cap, Solstice's left side have some control switches and we already have the parts ready.

These parts are finished in 08 carbon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)

Or Flat out removed it:

Can you also post a picture about the factory Radio/AC Bezel? I guess it will probably be same or similiar to C6. If yes, then we also have those two bazels in 08 carbon so you can finish the entire Main Dash.

P.S. Sorry, never mind. After I post it and then I find out the picture of Solstice Radio and it's completely different. Anyhow, if Solstice customers are interested in finish the Radio Bezel in matching carbon, we can help you too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Now I see the picture of Solstice Power Window Bezel & Power Mirror Bezel. Next week we will order these parts and will finish them in 08 carbon. So when the parts are done we will post some pictures to show members.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi Guys,

We are not familiar with Solstice Forum's rule yet so we post our OP in wrong area and our threads were removed to different location. Hope you can still find us. Not used to it yet.

Please let us know if you can still find us.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts