Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Would be interested in a "waterfall" WITHOUT the cup holder.
Can you send me a picture for the Waterfall? I am not familiar with how it looks?

Next week we will order one Waterfall from our local dealer and we will make it in matching 08 carbon. Once we run through production once then we can finalize the price.

We do sell lots of Waterfall for C6. It will make sense to add this pc so you can finish your interior.

So please give us a little more time to figure out the price for Waterfall.

If you are interested, you can place a back order and you will get the first pc on this planet and also we will offer you 10% discount as part of our ad if you can commit to post some pictures to forum later after your installation.

Jersey

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How serious is the annoying passenger airbag light issue?

Can you guy give us more report how serious is the annoying passenger airbag light problem?

For us, it's very easy that we can just close that hole first and then do whatever the finish we want to.

In the future, do we need to carry two different inventories, one with pass airbag light hole and one without?

Jersey

·
Registered
568 Posts
My question: I also have a shop that we send off parts that get carbon fiber pieces done n the past, but I was looking at the pics of the corvette parts you have up above and noticed on the GM 05-07 Carbon your using that laminated (painted) carbon fiber on the parts. But the pics with the steerwheel, shifter, etc are more believable or looks real. It's hard to tell. But I guess what I am asking is your shop or company does the layering process both ways? If I am confusing you right now let me break it down, there are two ways I have seen CF parts made, and that is either is made with the ACTUAL carbon fiber cloth with maye be a fiber glass backing or on top of your orginal pieces. OR the sheets that have the CF "aka checker board" look that is laminated over parts to give the illusion. I have a cell phone case that has this process done and we had a celica in our shop done entirely with it. Just want to know if you offer bother process or how is your process is done. I am personally highly interest as most but I have had parts sent off before with my previous cars and they did that crappy fake carbon fiber on my pieces and wasted my time and money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Picture of Solstice Main Dash in Real Silver Carbon

My question: I also have a shop that we send off parts that get carbon fiber pieces done n the past, but I was looking at the pics of the corvette parts you have up above and noticed on the GM 05-07 Carbon your using that laminated (painted) carbon fiber on the parts. But the pics with the steerwheel, shifter, etc are more believable or looks real. It's hard to tell. But I guess what I am asking is your shop or company does the layering process both ways? If I am confusing you right now let me break it down, there are two ways I have seen CF parts made, and that is either is made with the ACTUAL carbon fiber cloth with maye be a fiber glass backing or on top of your orginal pieces. OR the sheets that have the CF "aka checker board" look that is laminated over parts to give the illusion. I have a cell phone case that has this process done and we had a celica in our shop done entirely with it. Just want to know if you offer bother process or how is your process is done. I am personally highly interest as most but I have had parts sent off before with my previous cars and they did that crappy fake carbon fiber on my pieces and wasted my time and money.

Yes, we do both Lamination Real Carbon and Dip Print Carbon Look.

Let me clarify the correct terms first. For the Real Carbon processing, we call it "Lamination" and for the Carbon Look we call it "Dip Print". The Lamination is we laminate real carbon sheet onto the factory parts. This is the best quality you can buy on the market but expensive. The Dip Printing is we use the Carbon Look film and put it on top of water and then dip the parts into the water so the carbon pattern will adhere to the surface of factory parts. This is a more affordable products. The main difference is the real carbon has the beautiful "Depth" but the carbon look don't. So you get what you pay for.

We have earned the reputation of "Best Quality In The Industry". If you want to learn more about our products, we suggest you to go to the "Customers' Testimonials" section on our web to read those comments. Once you read through them you will get clear idea what kind of products you will get from us.

For the Carbon Look, we do both the traditional "Checker Borad" pattern (for 05-07 Corvette) and the new GM 08 Carbon (for 08 Corvette). Both are fake carbon but the GM 08 Carbon is totally new & fresh look. We cannot buy this 08 Carbon from GM's supplier so we have to duplicate from scratch by ourselves. We use computer graphic to duplicate the pattern little by little and then we invest all necessary printing tools & molds so finally we have it available. Originally we focus the new 08 carbon for 08 Corvette customers to upgrade their interior. Now we apply this new beautiful 08 carbon to Solstice so you can enjoy the same beautiful dashes as Corvette customers.

For your comparision, I am attaching one Solstice Main Dash in Silver Carbon and you can see clearly the beautiful "Depth" that the carbon look products don't have.

Here is the picture--------

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Apsis' Solstice Spoke Cap in 08 Carbon

Today we took some pictures for Solstice Spoke Cap w/Radio & Cruise Control and we would like to share with Solstice members.

If you are interested in this item. it's available now.

Price: $168/set. with or without Radio Control, with or without Cruise Control

How to order: Email to [email protected], PM or call toll free 1-800-68APSIS (6827747)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, we do both Lamination Real Carbon and Dip Print Carbon Look.

Let me clarify the correct terms first. For the Real Carbon processing, we call it "Lamination" and for the Carbon Look we call it "Dip Print". The Lamination is we laminate real carbon sheet onto the factory parts. This is the best quality you can buy on the market but expensive. The Dip Printing is we use the Carbon Look film and put it on top of water and then dip the parts into the water so the carbon pattern will adhere to the surface of factory parts. This is a more affordable products. The main difference is the real carbon has the beautiful "Depth" but the carbon look don't. So you get what you pay for.

We have earned the reputation of "Best Quality In The Industry". If you want to learn more about our products, we suggest you to go to the "Customers' Testimonials" section on our web to read those comments. Once you read through them you will get clear idea what kind of products you will get from us.

For the Carbon Look, we do both the traditional "Checker Borad" pattern (for 05-07 Corvette) and the new GM 08 Carbon (for 08 Corvette). Both are fake carbon but the GM 08 Carbon is totally new & fresh look. We cannot buy this 08 Carbon from GM's supplier so we have to duplicate from scratch by ourselves. We use computer graphic to duplicate the pattern little by little and then we invest all necessary printing tools & molds so finally we have it available. Originally we focus the new 08 carbon for 08 Corvette customers to upgrade their interior. Now we apply this new beautiful 08 carbon to Solstice so you can enjoy the same beautiful dashes as Corvette customers.

For your comparision, I am attaching one Solstice Main Dash in Silver Carbon and you can see clearly the beautiful "Depth" that the carbon look products don't have.

WEll my friend one I hope you were taking any offense in my questions. I am just wanting to make sure I understood your process and that I see that silver carbon dash too . AND man!! I love it! Please PM me with those prices and how much would it be in red and black carbon fiber?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Price Announcing

Hi Guys,

Here is the prices for Main Dash & Grab Handle------

Price:

Main Dash $498 + refundable core charge $225
Grab Handle $148 + core charge $50

How to order: Email to [email protected], PM or call toll free 1-800-68APSIS (6827747)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We Can't Order Power Switch Bezel from GM

I have a bad news to let members know.

We want to order the Power Window Switch Bezel & Power Mirror Bezel from GM to build inventory for our carbon parts. But unfortunately they are part of the whole Door Panel so we cannot order the bezel by itself.

So if you want those Silver Switch Bezels to be in carbon, the only way is you send us your cores and we will finish in carbon for you. The lead time is 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I am not very familiar with Solstice yet and I don't fully understand what is the problem about the annoying passenger airbag light that you are talking about. Can you give me more indepth info so I can follow you? Or can you post a picture to show me the problem?

Basically what you can do is to send us your modified main dash and then we will use your part to finish in whatever the finish you like, either real carbon, GM 05-07 Carbon or GM 08 Carbon (the pics that you see in our post).
Look at your own picture for the dashboard. The long rectangular opening just above the switch cutouts and to the left of the paired A/C outlets is the location for an annoyingly bright passenger airbag warning light that is always on to show whether the bag is armed or disarmed. Many owners have glued rally dash plaques or custom metal emblems over the light so it does not bother them.

Did you make this dashboard product? I just ordered WoodDashExperts stick-on orange/ carbonfiber set (awaiting delivery) and altogether it was almost $500. Is yours actually made and ready to buy?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Look at your own picture for the dashboard. The long rectangular opening just above the switch cutouts and to the left of the paired A/C outlets is the location for an annoyingly bright passenger airbag warning light that is always on to show whether the bag is armed or disarmed. Many owners have glued rally dash plaques or custom metal emblems over the light so it does not bother them.

Did you make this dashboard product? I just ordered WoodDashExperts stick-on orange/ carbonfiber set (awaiting delivery) and altogether it was almost $500. Is yours actually made and ready to buy?
Yes, we are manufacturer and all the products that you see in our web we make by ourselves.

If you want to spend that kind of money for the cheap stick on type, you better seriously consider our products. Our quality is far better and you will feel you get our products from the factory once installed.

Right now we have one Main Dash + Grab Handle in stock in either 08 Carbon or Real Silver Carbon exactly like the pictures you see here.

If you place order immediately we can hold the kit for you.

Jersey

·
Registered
9 Posts
The main console in real carbon is exactly what I've been looking for! I feel the stick-on parts from other vendors just looks too cheap. Also can't wait for pics of the carbon grille you've been talking about.

On a side note,
re-design your site because it's uggglyy - sorry

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The main console in real carbon is exactly what I've been looking for! I feel the stick-on parts from other vendors just looks too cheap. Also can't wait for pics of the carbon grille you've been talking about.

On a side note,
re-design your site because it's uggglyy - sorry
We have one Main Dash + Grab Handle in Silver Carbon in stock. Do you want to order it?

For the Front Grille, our first approach is to use the Carbon Look because we are afraid the real carbon may be too pricey for Sostice customers.

But if you want it in real carbon, certainly we can make it for you.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Argh, why are these items coming out when I have no money. They look awesome btw.

This is the "waterfall". It's the section inbetween the seats, underneath the Pontiac emblem, and above the center console. It's similar to the Corvette.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my dash and the rear valence behind the seats done with the carbon fiber look (dipped method)--real thing way too expensive-and although it is shiny, it has not been a problem and we live in sunny So Cal. But who does not wear sunglasses anyhow while driving on a sunny day???

For those attending the Vegas National Meet will see how this looks and you be the judge but do not toss the idea of the new supporting vendors dash based on it being too shiny. I personally feel it is a non issue and I have been driving with it for several months now.

PS: Although you can go with the stick on carbon fiber dash and the full array of little pieces that cover everything other than your rims, but in my opinion what is being shown at the top of this threat is so much better looking, more complete/integrated looking, it is worth the extra money--but that is just me.
you could have wrapped it in carbon for the same price... can you do the opposite side of the dash and the handle with out the return of the core?

just the black existing piece of the dash. that would be pretty neat

·
Registered
393 Posts
seduction, I like the swede wrap on the dash.. One question, how do you plan to clean it or keep it clean?? That's a different idea.

jay

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
i can't wait to get my shifter housing done! i wish my sis was into her car and had money to burn cause i would love to see the sol's dash in CF

41 - 59 of 59 Posts