Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here is the price for our Solstice Main Dash & Grab Handle in 08 Carbon.

Price:

Main Dash $498 + refundable core charge $225
Grab Handle $198 + core charge $50

How to order: Email to [email protected], PM or call toll free 1-800-68APSIS (6827747)

We also update the price info to our OP so you will be able to find the prices either way.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Interesting and a good price point. How do you handle the core exchange?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting and a good price point. How do you handle the core exchange?

Normally we send you our finished carbon parts first and we add a refundable core charge to the transaction. After installation, you will return the cores back to us and then we will refund your deposit.

If you don't want to have the core charge involved, then you will have to send us your cores first. But in this case you cannot drive your car.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Very nice!!
Question, will you offer the '06 version (one less hole in the dash panel)?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Normally we send you our finished carbon parts first and we add a refundable core charge to the transaction. After installation, you will return the cores back to us and then we will refund your deposit.

If you don't want to have the core charge involved, then you will have to send us your cores first. But in this case you cannot drive your car.
I didn't ask the question clearly enough -- are the boxes reusable? What are the normal/average shipping charges? Do the prices including shipping?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Deleted----------

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't ask the question clearly enough -- are the boxes reusable? What are the normal/average shipping charges? Do the prices including shipping?
Yes, the boxes are reusable. Our boxes are very strong to prevent potential shipping damage.

If you need drop ship, we can help you too. We do lots of drop ship for customers.

No, the price doesn't include shipping charge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. under 500.
If you guys are interested in this beautiful carbon dashes, I would suggest you place order asap. This is the introduction price. Now the oil price is increasing so much, in the near future we may have to raise the price to reflect the cost increase.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice!!
Question, will you offer the '06 version (one less hole in the dash panel)?
I am not very familiar with Solstice yet. Which hole doesn't come on the dash? Can you send a picture to show me?

Basically it's very easy for us. Even if our core has the extra hole, we can close it first before we go for dip print carbon processing.

We just have to know which hole we will have to close.

In the other thread that we posted, there is one member asking to close the hole for "Annoying Passenger Airbag Light". Is it the same hole that you are talking about?

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
I am not very familiar with Solstice yet. Which hole doesn't come on the dash? Can you send a picture to show me?

Basically it's very easy for us. Even if our core has the extra hole, we can close it first before we go for dip print carbon processing.

We just have to know which hole we will have to close.

In the other thread that we posted, there is one member asking to close the hole for "Annoying Passenger Airbag Light". Is it the same hole that you are talking about?

That one was added after 2006

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will you make products for the Sky too? Your CF Dash for the Solsitce looks awesome.
Yes, we will. Some customers have contacted with us since we become Supporting Vender.

We didn't focus on SKY yet and I am not very familiar with SKY's interior. Please post some pictures here or send to my email [email protected]. I will take a close look at the dashes first and decide how to proceed the next step.

If you are willing to place the first back order, then we can offer you 10% discount as part of our advertising as long as you commit to post nice comment & pictures to SKY forum.

We are not SKY forum's supporting vender yet and we cannot post pictures there for ad.

Maybe in the future we will parcitipate in SKY forum. But at this point we focus on Solstice first.

Jersey

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So these are basically overlays, right?
No, these not overlay. They are "Core Exchange". It's much better quality than overlay. When you mount our carbon parts to your car you will feel like you get it from the factory.

Normally we send you our finished carbon parts first and we add the refundable core charge to the transaction. After installation you will return the cores back to us and then we will refund your deposit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Solstice Waterfall

Hi Guys,

We try to order the Waterfall to build inventory for our carbon parts but we are encountering some problem.

Attached is the diagram of GM's parts.

The Waterfall is part of the Big Panel behind the seat. This part is expensive and it may not pay us to invest the part to make carbon for you guys. We have to reflect some cost of purchasing the parts to the selling price and we are concerning the price may not be affordable for Solstice customer.

Then there are also the Compartment Cover (part #1 & part #9) and maybe Floor Console Base (part #15) and they are not cheap either.

So unless we have one customer who wants to commit to purchase the first kit, we probably won't go for it to build inventory.

Or you guys can send us your cores and then we can finish it in carbon for you which will be cheaper since we don't have to invest the cores.

We will offer 10% discount for the first customer who will commit to purchase the first kit as part of our ad as long as you commit to post some nice pictures to forum to show members later.

Anybody interested?

Here is the GM's diagram --------

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh man - your products make me :drool: I just keep trying to figure out how I'm gonna afford all of the pieces I want!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
No, these not overlay. They are "Core Exchange". It's much better quality than overlay. When you mount our carbon parts to your car you will feel like you get it from the factory.

Normally we send you our finished carbon parts first and we add the refundable core charge to the transaction. After installation you will return the cores back to us and then we will refund your deposit.

What I meant by "overlay" is that you all are laying carbon fiber on top of the original plastic part and then applying resin. That is why you need the "core exchange" so that you can use the returned plastic part to "overlay" cf and epoxy to make another part.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What I meant by "overlay" is that you all are laying carbon fiber on top of the original plastic part and then applying resin. That is why you need the "core exchange" so that you can use the returned plastic part to "overlay" cf and epoxy to make another part.

Both of our Lamination Real Carbon and Dip Pring Carbon Look require "core exchange".

What you are describing is the Lamination Real Carbon processing. It is the best quality you can buy on the market but expensive. You have to have deep pocket for that.

The Dip Print 08 Carbon is carbon look and much more affordable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts