Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Come join OKISS as we travel to southern Indiana to tour a historic landmark hotel and then sample some of the fine southern Indiana wines. Our trip begins on Saturday Sept 3rd in Seymour Indiana and takes us to the West Baden Motel

We will be enjoying a 70 min guided tour of this historic hotel and its grounds. After the tour we will travel a few short blocks to the French Lick Winery where we will enjoy some wine tasting and lunch. French Lick Winery & Coffee Company - West Baden, Indiana After lunch we travel the winding Indiana byways through the Hoosier National Forest and visit along the way Winzerwald Winery Welcome to Winzerwald Winery and finally on to Monkey Hollow Winery. After the winery's we will drop across the Ohio river into northern Kentucky and after winding our way eastward we will make our way back across the river to spend the night in Corydon Indiana.

On Sunday Sept 4th we will depart Corydon to travel a west to east loop and make a stop at Indian Creek Winery Indian Creek Winery and then travel to Huber Orchard, Winery & Vineyards Huber's Orchard & Winery to enjoy tasting and lunch. After lunch we will travel on to Stream Cliff Farm Winery & Tea Room Indiana's Oldest Herb Farm To round out our day of tasting and driving we will end our travels in Madison Indiana early Saturday evening. Weather and time permitting we hope to enjoy a relaxing evening on the river front and old downtown Madison.

Starting time on Saturday Sept 3rd will be 7:45 am sharp as we need to be in West Baden in time to do the 10 am tour. Starting location will be at the TA truck stop (BP station) just east off exit 50 on I-65.

We will be staying at the Super 8 in Seymour on Friday night Sept 2nd.
Super 8 Hotels

Hotel at Corydon will be Comfort Inn. (Motel change Baymont is sold out)
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-corydon-indiana-IN155
Motel for Madison is Country Hearth Inn

Country Hearth Inn Madison, IN Hotel | Affordable Hotel In Madison, IN

As always other motel accommodations are available at your preference as there is no group rate for this run. Optional motel info for these locations can be acquired via Google or upon request.

Tour sizes at the Wet Baden Motel are limited so we need to make reservations in advance to assure our space. I will post details when available.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 18th Annual Neighborhood Pool Party is this same weekend. Since it's in our pool we sorta have to be there. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,324 Posts
We're in. Can we leave now ?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I might try and make this one..... not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sign me up. Might not stay Friday night, if not would meet you Sat morning
Your signed up, no prize for being first though

The 18th Annual Neighborhood Pool Party is this same weekend. Since it's in our pool we sorta have to be there. :(
I do expect pictures and not of you in your speedo either :eek:

Janet and I will be there.

Tim.
Glad to have you and Janet along Tim, we were hoping someone would come along to keep an eye on Steve

We're in. Can we leave now ?
You can leave now but drive slow as the rest of us will be a little while getting there

I might try and make this one..... not sure yet.
Hope you can make it this looks top be a fun outing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No trophy or anything? Geez!
FYI, Stream Cliff has a eating place also. Havent been there but my Mom said it was good. I'm Just Sayin!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well Mom said Huber was WAY better food than Stream Cliff.
She might join us for lunch one day if ya all dont mind.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds cool - I'm not sure how well 'wine and winding roads' go together, though... ;)

Wish I could make - I used to work in Indy and am a Boilermaker alum myself. But too far away now... have fun, y'all!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds cool - I'm not sure how well 'wine and winding roads' go together, though... ;)

Wish I could make - I used to work in Indy and am a Boilermaker alum myself. But too far away now... have fun, y'all!
Just wine tasting Max. Is that a 74 GTO in your avatar?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just wine tasting Max. Is that a 74 GTO in your avatar?
Actually, it's a 1973 Ventura. I bought it as a 6-cylinder and put a Chev 302 in it from a 1967 Camaro. That was one wicked engine! I loved that car, but sold it and left it back in the Hoosier state about a decade ago...

I took possesion of my '07 GXP about 2 weeks ago. I guess I should update my avatar. I can unequivocably say that it is the most fun I have ever had driving.

BTW - The very first car I ever owned was a Pontiac Acadian. I bet no one here has ever had one of those!

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Acadian is from the Canadian side of the border and appeared simillar to the Chevelle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
About the Traveling

Hoosier GXP

Is the level of the traveling
cruising (calmly motoring from Winery to Winery to Lunch ...)
OR
driving (as one expects on the Runs at Nationals)?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hoosier GXP

Is the level of the traveling
cruising (calmly motoring from Winery to Winery to Lunch ...)
OR
driving (as one expects on the Runs at Nationals)?
I would have to say we are most likely somewhere in the middle to slightly above. It will not be a leisurely drive. I try and stay within the speed limit when I lead a run but would say that we do push it in the twisties but not to the extreme. So I would have to conclude we would be "driving". Hope this answers you question.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts