Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the empty spots on the fuse box are powered or if they are just “there”. I was thinking about wiring some items to one of those empty spots. It’s not going to draw much power, less then 2 amps so I will use a 5amp fuse. If I can do this, I’m looking for one that would stay powered even with the ignition off so I can control it with a switch. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Use a DVM and test.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yes, most (if not all) are powered. You'll probably have to break out a multimeter to test which sides are 'hot' and which are switched. Mostly, each of the fuse columns has the same hot side and switched or not-switched power.

For example, #21 & #22 I know - they are left-side hot with Switched Accessory power. #6 is left-side hot with always-on power.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Ghost - typically they are not all powered. To keep costs down there will be standard connectors and "pin outs" but some vehicles will use more than others. The wiring harnesses and what's plugged into them will vary.

On the upside, there are usually a few that are powered and marked as "unused" or "spare". You can usually find these on the diagrams for the fuse panels and/or service manuals. Perfect for what you're looking to do.

Lemme know if you have a hard time finding them and I can check some diagrams in my service manual.

Unless of course TS shows up in about 7.5 minutes and posts them for you!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!!! I should just get your email addresses then I won't have to post here!! ;)

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Ghost - that's part of the value of posting. The rest of us and new members can search and start "mining" the knowledge posted here. E-mail is good for the exchange of private info such as shipping addresses, IRS contacts, etc.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Ghost - that's part of the value of posting. The rest of us and new members can search and start "mining" the knowledge posted here. E-mail is good for the exchange of private info such as shipping addresses, IRS contacts, etc.
If you think email is TRULY private, I got a bridge to sell ya.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Point taken. touche'
It's tu chez.... just sayin... ;) Thought I'd give ya what for too chicken!!! LOL... Are you coming to the cruise this weekend in Milford?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too bad.....I guess last year they had 30 - 35 Kappas.... Should be fun watching everyone's faces as we pass by....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts