Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
9,182 Posts
Yes, ECM are vin specific but can be reprogrammed to your VIN.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
When I was looking for a spare for the turbo upgrade the only thing that I was made aware of was that again the 06 &07 car's ECM will only work in those years and there was no specific one for a 2.0 or 2.4 engine .. Hann reprogrammed and tuned my original ECM (2.4 motor) for the turbo application so I have to believe that there is no difference just the programming .

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
The ECM is a multi-use single board computer. When you initialize it you need to tell it if its for 4, 6 or 8 cylinders. My understanding is it has been used in a number of different GM cars.

There are old threads on this subject in the distant past

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
There are 3 ECM's for the Solstice and Sky's depending on engine and year. All of the 2.0L turbo cars have an E69 ECM. The 2006-2007 2.4L have an E67 ECM and the 2008-2010 2.4L models have an E37 ECM. The ECM's are programmed with the VIN, but can have the VIN changed in them pretty easily. The ECM types are not interchangeable between each other - The E67 has 3 plugs on it, the E37 has only 2 plugs and the E69 has only 2 plugs, but in a different orientation.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
One thing to add if your replacing your ECM not only do you have to get it programmed to your ECM but you will need a Crank Sensor Relearn my local GM dealer charges $125.00 for this procedure .

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
Be very careful when unlocking and locking the ECM you can damage the pins.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts