Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been off the site for a whole week (self-imposed exile). Man, that was tough. It must have worked becuase I got a call from my dealer saying that after a month at 4150 I had progressed to 4B00 and that 1841 was in Ohio awaiting rail. I hope their info is accurate. See you in another week maybe. The more I stay off this site, the more forward progress my Solstice makes (I think). Peace. Seacrest out!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats Rockwell! I'm looking forward to seeing another Sol on the roads in Texas.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Mikey_1962 said:
They are making about 90 cars per day. Line efficiency = 8%
It is my understanding that 52-56/shift is "full capacity", if they are making 90/day = 45/shift, then line efficiency is 80-85%. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

--Chemist

·
Registered
905 Posts
Doesn't really matter if they're not being shipped and or there are problems with the cars.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was told one shift, eight per hour, adding second shift in jan when sky starts building
You were told wrong.They are working 9 1/2 hour shifts 2 shifts. They are also working two shifts when they work Sat. at 9 1/2 hour shift.
This is a very reliable source, I'll leave it like that.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
ntouched said:
444 cars built last week! :yesnod:

THey had that much extra room in the paring lot? :brentil: How many shipped?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was told that they were working one shift by my dealer. I hope your source is right . GET ARE SOLSTICES FASTER :)
If it was only one shift a day it would be almost impossible to reach these production figures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Geeezzz --- the question is "How many Shipped"

With all due respect to all those posting info on number being built and how many shifts or hours .............. the REAL question is how many are leaving Wilimington and getting intothe hands of buyers. Unless I'm missing it, no one is stepping up and answering that question.

So does anyone know how many are being shipped (per day per week ? ? ?)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
With all due respect to all those posting info on number being built and how many shifts or hours .............. the REAL question is how many are leaving Wilimington and getting intothe hands of buyers. Unless I'm missing it, no one is stepping up and answering that question.

So does anyone know how many are being shipped (per day per week ? ? ?)
I think one of the dealers ( CC or SD )will be able to tell you after the month is over how many shipped that month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts