Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a HP Tuner Kit (MPV) and have a couple of basic questions before I get started.

·
Registered
256 Posts
check the HPT forum. You car's tune isn't something you just want to start changing without knowing exactly what you are doing.

You'll find a lot of FAQ's over there, and a lot of expertise in one place :)

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Just to give you a heads up, you don't want to run the LNF motor too lean. You also don't want it to knock....or it won't last long. I never bought it just because I know nothing about it. An experienced tuner at work (has tuned Chrysler 2.2 and 2.5's for drag racing for the last 20 years and he said he wouldn't even touch my car.... :(

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not plan on tuning the LNF myself.....I'm not even close to being comfortable doing that. Once the EFR has been installed, I am taking to a local dyno shop, and Dave at PAW is going to be sitting in front of his computer and we will be remote tuning it. Dave is willing to make himself available for 2 or 3 hours specifically for the process. What can you say?....his commitment is 1st class.

What Iwas actually looking for is information on 'pulling' the stock info from the ECM and store it for future use. I have experience using Trifecta's system, but not HP Tuner. I feel this is prudent to do, and will also allow me to become more familiar with the HPT interface.

Anyone out there in Forum land that can guide me in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Pulling stock tune is easy pesy

·
Registered
76 Posts
under editor read the flash and save it as "stock tune" its the first step to tuning, if you cant figure that out (weather by doing on your own and reading the hp forums) I wouldn't touch the car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.