Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in the Great Sacandaga Lake region of upstate NY. I live closer to Boston than I do Long Island. There are no coupes and just a handful if that, convertibles in my area. Do I join the Long Island club or the Mass club or just try and form a upstate NY club that could include the western part of Vermont, and Mass. We have some really good scenic winding roads that either go around the Sacandaga lake (26 miles long one way) or go to Lake George thru the mountains 36 miles away.

·
Registered
501 Posts
How do you pick which vehicle to drive in the morning.??? :lol:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How do you pick which vehicle to drive in the morning.??? :lol:
Well, this is getting to be a serious problem with me, lol! I get quite a few people here asking me the same question. This is how it works:
The Tundra is my daily driver/car hauler/year 'round use, or just used when there are more than just two of us going somewhere.
The Jeep is my gf's main car for the winter and hauling the snowmobles/4wheeler to the lake or trails.
The Challenger is our cruising car/shows/ drive in theater, or an occasional long trip on a winding country road, otherwise it sits in the garage from Oct to April. It is also a great ego booster and a lot of fun to drive. It will never see a Walmart parking lot or a baby booster seat in it.
The 40th Anniv Corvette was given to my son as a gift, and is here for a restoration. Even though its his, I have to keep ownership in my name for personal reasons.
The VW EOS was just sold. I originally bought that for my gf to use as a daily driver in the warm months of the year and use the jeep in the winter to get to work.
The 04 Crossfire, which has only 7300 miles on it is replacing the VW
And last, but not least, we come to the 09 Solstice Coupe
This is one of those cars that, like the Challenger, you fall in love with instantly and got to have em. As far as I am concerned, its one beautiful machine, awesome to drive. Its just something that I needed in my retirement to enjoy and behold. It is NOT a garage queen (except in winter) and I intend on taking it on long drives in the mountains here and avoiding all highways (they are boring)
The Challenger and the Solstice will remain bone stock. The Tundra 4wd was modified with a TRD Supercharger and puts out 505 engine hp/not rw rated yet.
Both of those cars will never (as long as i own them) have the front plate brackets installed. The cops can kiss my ass in twilight before i ever put them on!
One last note here: The village (pop 800) that I live in, at least 70% of the people that live here own a classic/vintage/hot rod car and my owning 7 is not unusal. My neighbor down the street owns 100 vintage corvettes. This is what I call, car heaven.

In the winter time, there is only two choices on what I will drive. The Tundra 4x4 and the Jeep 4x4 on the main roads and the snowmobile and razor s everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You could contact Xmicro_Redline he's in Westchester or Nomead who is in Boston (both Sky owners) they could certainly give you information on clubs in those areas.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could contact Xmicro_Redline he's in Westchester or Nomead who is in Boston (both Sky owners) they could certainly give you information on clubs in those areas.
Thanks for the info. We are meeting Nomead in Sept on Cape Cod for a three day get together.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for your replies to this thread, however the question still remains. Are there any Solstice owners within the albany area?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi sunruner19,

Just saw your post. I'm Solstice owner in the Albany, NY area. There are a quite a number of Solstices and Skys zooming in and around Saratoga county. See them everyday in the summer months. If I see one I'll wave as we cross on the road ways. Always get a wave back. Only one other Albany-based Solstice owner that I know of is a member of this forum and we work at the same place. We compare notes on our Solstices regarding mods we've done or problems we're experiencing. On weekends, I usually drive in the lower Adironacks, Lake George and Warrensburg area, and ocassionally up to Lake Placid.

Tony

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi sunruner19,

Just saw your post. I'm Solstice owner in the Albany, NY area. There are a quite a number of Solstices and Skys zooming in and around Saratoga county. See them everyday in the summer months. If I see one I'll wave as we cross on the road ways. Always get a wave back. Only one other Albany-based Solstice owner that I know of is a member of this forum and we work at the same place. We compare notes on our Solstices regarding mods we've done or problems we're experiencing. On weekends, I usually drive in the lower Adironacks, Lake George and Warrensburg area, and ocassionally up to Lake Placid.

Tony
Good to hear from someone in the area. Have you driven from Lake George to the Great Sacandaga Lake region yet? We took that road from here to Lake George and its quite beautiful, winding thru the mountains.

·
Registered
501 Posts
A lot of nice places around the Lake George region for long winding rides with great scenic views. Last fall Mainiac put together a ride in N.H. which was a blast. Maybe we need one around Lake George or Saratoga before the season is over????

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A lot of nice places around the Lake George region for long winding rides with great scenic views. Last fall Mainiac put together a ride in N.H. which was a blast. Maybe we need one around Lake George or Saratoga before the season is over????
Count me in on that if you do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sunrunner19,

Yes, I have driven around the north side of Great Sacandaga Lake and up to Lake George. It is a very nice drive with many winding roads. Another nice drive is from Warrensburg, to Blue Mountain Lake, to Tupper Lake, to Saranac Lake and into Lake Placid. Additionally, I've also driven along the western side of Lake George to Ticonderoga and Port Henry. Fall is a great time to zoom in and around the north country region.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts