Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some interesting news that I suppose will be of concern to many. I do all the building and ordering of inventory including the solstice for my dealership. In April I built several solstices (I'm not talking about 1K cars of which we have several coming) and they are all still at 3000 or 3100 status, along the way I ordered many others but I have a car I built in August that has somehow jumped over all the rest and is now at 3400 (Broadcast). These are all sold orders, nothing out of the ordinary for this particular car. It's mysterious w/two-tone as many of the previous cars are. Just wanted to mention this as many people state they are 1st in their dealer allocation. It appears with this car that if your first, fifth or tenth it may not mean that your car will arrive in that order. Patience is the key! Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
383 Posts
where are you located? Im curious because the southern dealers seem to be getting preferenced faster.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Oh sure..... Now you tell us!

And here I thought that we had this whole Solstice thing down, then you come around like a Johnny come Lately and tell us all we may have to wait even longer! Just joking man. thanks for the heads up, I have seen the same thing. Cars that were ordered in april are still as 2030 status, and cars ordered in july are built already. this thread is gonna bug alot of people, hope you are ready for the questions to start flying!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SLSMGR said:
Here's some interesting news that I suppose will be of concern to many. I do all the building and ordering of inventory including the solstice for my dealership. In April I built several solstices (I'm not talking about 1K cars of which we have several coming) and they are all still at 3000 or 3100 status, along the way I ordered many others but I have a car I built in August that has somehow jumped over all the rest and is now at 3400 (Broadcast). These are all sold orders, nothing out of the ordinary for this particular car. It's mysterious w/two-tone as many of the previous cars are. Just wanted to mention this as many people state they are 1st in their dealer allocation. It appears with this car that if your first, fifth or tenth it may not mean that your car will arrive in that order. Patience is the key! Good luck to everyone!

Wonder why??? I don't think thats fair. Mine's built already but poor dengel is also zero zip and still at 3000. Doesn't seem fair to me he should be getting his car built way before someone who placed an order in Aug..

:brentil:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Wonder why??? I don't think thats fair. Mine's built already but poor dengel is also zero zip and still at 3000. Doesn't seem fair to me he should be getting his car built way before someone who placed an order in Aug..

:brentil:
Could be the same thing that is effecting my order. I was supposed to be one of the Zero Zip special orders built right after the First !K, but no one can tell me why I am still at 3000.

·
Registered
383 Posts
SLSMGR said:
Ok...now youve REALLY peaked my interest. I ordered mine from a Ft Myers dealer. And he said that he had 10 picked up this week but mine was not one of them. He has a total of 42 orders. I have a lease and dont want mine til next spring anyway...what the heck if GM picks up my order early (I didnt order mine til July to avoid this!) and I am not in a position to buy it?? That would royally SUCK!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Could it have something to do with the color of the cars in your orders. I seem to think I read somewhere that they're producing cars in batches of colors. So it's possible to be last on your dealer's allocation, but have a color that's being produced before everyone else on the list...

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

SLSMGR said:
Don't ask me how, but my second allocation car is already built and hopefully on the way but the dealers first allocation cars have not arrived. I'm not complaining because the sooner it gets here the better. However, it does seem strange that I think mine will arrive first.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Allocation or non-allocation? That is the question.

Here is a quote from my dealer this morning:

"The allocation is out the window on this car. All orders go to the front of the line, and right now there are more orders than allocations. For a little while we thought that we were going to be allocated for 3, but when GM stepped back and looked at all of the orders, the allowed us 5 orders, not allocation."

What does this mean to us? Looks like more confusion is happening at the top and that they were not prepared for as many orders as they got.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Hmmm I'm in FL and my car went to 3400 the same day as the majority of the ZZ/FM cars 8/29. Then was built a week later on 9/8. I wonder if these rumors of southern state prefrencing is true/

O_A_G said:
Could it have something to do with the color of the cars in your orders. I seem to think I read somewhere that they're producing cars in batches of colors. So it's possible to be last on your dealer's allocation, but have a color that's being produced before everyone else on the list...
GMLinedog has confimed that post EOP cars are not being color batched.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I sure don't understand all this myself. I ordered mine April 19 approx. I am 2nd on my dealers first 4 month allocation. I have been at 3000 since 8/16 and Cricket check it out for me yesterday I am still at 3000.
I can't figure this out, when some people didn't even place an order till June and their car is built.

·
Registered
472 Posts
brentil said:
Hmmm I'm in FL and my car went to 3400 the same day as the majority of the ZZ/FM cars 8/29. Then was built a week later on 9/8. I wonder if these rumors of southern state prefrencing is true/
GMLinedog has confimed that post EOP cars are not being color batched.

GM has stated that the southern states will get more cars this winter. They did not want to send the cars up north in the snow, being a VERT. It seems kinda early for that to be happening now..................must be sumpin else.

I do know of smaller Pontiac dealers that have taken orders from buyers, telling them that they were getting Sols and really did not have any cars allocated. These dealers are now telling the buyers that they may get a car next year or maybe not at all. Make sure that your dealer REALLY has allocation!

·
Registered
705 Posts
CanSol said:
Don't ask me how, but my second allocation car is already built and hopefully on the way but the dealers first allocation cars have not arrived. I'm not complaining because the sooner it gets here the better. However, it does seem strange that I think mine will arrive first.
If GM is pulling this kind of B.S. then I will have to order another one in the second 'allocation' in order to get the car I originally 'ordered' back in March!
I know I will enjoy the car once I get it but I must confess the buying / ordering experience has been very :brentil: If these rumors are true then the allocation program is as big a mess as the EOP was. I never expected the first allocation to be built in order but neither did I expect a 'second' allocation would be built the first week after the EOP!

·
Registered
976 Posts
But you guys all have to remember that this isn't normal for any of us. I don't go down on the show room floor and take a bunch of orders for a car that has never been made every day. I read one dealer had 42 orders? WOW! I have one.....and a first 1k car. Point remains the same, GM even said they didn't expect such a turn out...... The are doing the best they can....

ACCUSE GM/NO DEFEND GM/YES :jester:

·
Registered
705 Posts
cadillacricket said:
But you guys all have to remember that this isn't normal for any of us. I don't go down on the show room floor and take a bunch of orders for a car that has never been made every day. I read one dealer had 42 orders? WOW! I have one.....and a first 1k car. Point remains the same, GM even said they didn't expect such a turn out...... The are doing the best they can....
Thanks for your work CC, most appreciated.

Pain is still pain...fact is for me I do not like the way GM has handled this whole thing. They pitted EOP against 1st allocation, 1st allocation against ZZ and FM. Everyone is assuming they will get theirs first and now the latest...Southerners will get theirs before Northerners, 2nd allocation before first, etc. Much is rumor, much is fact.

Rumors abound and no official word from GM to clear it up! I'm not bashing GM, I've bought 10 new GM cars since 1990 and doing my darndest to make it 11 but they are not making it easy for me! I guess I'm back to the totally P.O.'d stage so I should back away for awhile.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
This one has a VIN#083 Event Code: 6000 Order placed:7/18/2005 Delivered: 8/26/2005 Color: mysterious
Dealer: BERG MOTORS, TX.
see thread:
http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp
Go figure. :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I sure don't understand all this myself. I ordered mine April 19 approx. I am 2nd on my dealers first 4 month allocation. I have been at 3000 since 8/16 and Cricket check it out for me yesterday I am still at 3000.
I can't figure this out, when some people didn't even place an order till June and their car is built.
How man cars are in your dealers allocation? Being 2nd doesn't mean you're going to get your car any time soon. It doesn't even mean #1 will either if it's a small dealership. We've known for a very long time allocation was based off of a formula [(previous car sales) + (sales of other roadsters/verts)] = allocation priority. So it's very likely a lot of southern states ended up with high allocations. Dealerships with higher allocations will get more cars quicker in order to fill allocation.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pterosaur said:
If GM is pulling this kind of B.S. then I will have to order another one in the second 'allocation' in order to get the car I originally 'ordered' back in March!
I know I will enjoy the car once I get it but I must confess the buying / ordering experience has been very :brentil: If these rumors are true then the allocation program is as big a mess as the EOP was. I never expected the first allocation to be built in order but neither did I expect a 'second' allocation would be built the first week after the EOP!
Try to calm down guys. 2nd allocations don't even officially exist. More then likely the dealer got something wrong and CanSol is on the 1st 4 month allocation and not 2nd.

Everyone seems so quick to blame GM without digging into these little things. The first 4 month allocation is for all dealers. So GM has to fulfill all the dealers requests (as best they can if production is lmited) before they move to 2nd 4 month allocation.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts