Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't done my job well enough, and I apologize for it.

Today, a longstanding friend of mine spotted a mysterious Sol at a parking lot in Cedar Hill, Texas. I started to probe him with questions, and he stated it was "black" with a "black and tan" interior. I first corrected his use of the word "black" with the proper mysterious, and then told him it was actually a steel/sand interior. He didn't notice any dealer tags, nor did he get the VIN. I've beaten him severely now, and next time he'll do better. I apologize publicly for my ignorant friend.

·
Registered
126 Posts
now don't yell at me but this is how women feel when men take messages sometimes and forget to answer what to us women are all of the obvious questions!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
I haven't done my job well enough, and I apologize for it.

Today, a longstanding friend of mine spotted a mysterious Sol at a parking lot in Cedar Hill, Texas. I started to probe him with questions, and he stated it was "black" with a "black and tan" interior. I first corrected his use of the word "black" with the proper mysterious, and then told him it was actually a steel/sand interior. He didn't notice any dealer tags, nor did he get the VIN. I've beaten him severely now, and next time he'll do better. I apologize publicly for my ignorant friend.
Now, now, ralph_on_me: You must learn to more understanding of these peons. They are uneducated in the ways of the Solstice and must be handled with a little more compassion.

They have not been to the School of the Forum, nor have they partaken of the Wisdom of SolsticeMan. Let them enter the Land of Giz (er, I mean Land of Sol) in their own time and way. Our leader, the Earl of Troy, has not taught us to BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF SOMEONE, ok?

Peace onto thee.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't beat a stranger, but I've known him for over two decades. You handle people differently when you've known them for that long.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Your friend needs to be given some slack for you yourself need to be able to describe your own machine properly. Something like, people living in glass houses????

Your signature has 2 errors in it and both have to do with your car description. How sad.....whipping your friend when all along you don't know your own machine! :cuss:

>>>Aggressive - basic stereo<<<

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know my machine, I just don't know how to spell. There's a small difference.

I'm surprised Giz hasn't called me out on this already... but as it's been pointed out I guess I have to leave it there for all time now.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If we only had the icon for poking! :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I updated my sig for you tweety!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Now I have something else for you! Isn't it against the law in Texas to wear headphones while driving?
Unless you are going to take your toy to the MSR track!?!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
I'm surprised Giz hasn't called me out on this already... but as it's been pointed out I guess I have to leave it there for all time now.
Nope, not my job! That's Editguy's job. I only fill in for him on occasion. :)

My job is THE LIST! (oh, and the jokes, yeah, that's my job too!) :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tweety said:
Now I have something else for you! Isn't it against the law in Texas to wear headphones while driving?
Unless you are going to take your toy to the MSR track!?!
Nope, I do it all the time right now. That would be like saying it's illegal for a deaf person to drive. Emergency vehicles have lights as well as sirens for that reason. It's also not illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving in Texas, no matter what rumors you've heard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
Nope, I do it all the time right now. That would be like saying it's illegal for a deaf person to drive. Emergency vehicles have lights as well as sirens for that reason. It's also not illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving in Texas, no matter what rumors you've heard.
I think that cleaning your gun while watching a DVD is also permitted in HOV lanes but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Drummer Boy said:
I think that cleaning your gun while watching a DVD is also permitted in HOV lanes but don't quote me on that.
That's a goodun, Drummer! :)

But you might as well, you got nothing else to do until they clear that darn bus that broke down. When I first moved here to Houston, the MTA had a BIG problem with buses breaking down constantly. At the toy store, you could buy a toy MTA bus, complete with tow truck attached.

Also when I first moved here in 1982, it was actually LEGAL to drive down the street drinking a can of beer. If a policeman pulls up next to you in the other lane, you could raise your can up in the air and say: Cheers! Sure glad they made that illegal. Now they do like the other states: plain brown paper bag with the can inside.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, I only remember when it was legal for passengers to drink. Making that illegal ruined a lot of the fun of road/camping trips.

It's actually more dangerous to eat while driving than talk on your cell phone. I don't think that will surprise most people. No matter how bad a person drives while on their phone, just imagine them eating a burrito instead and it's much much worse.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Cell phone usage and driving. This is my companies biggest issue to the point that should any employee have an accident that is deemed their fault and proven that he/she was on the phone at the time will be fired.
Even the use of hands free like bluetooth is not allowed.
Now if we can get people to not put their makeup on or shave in the car I would be much happier.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not the cell phones, it's the people. They SHOULD fire them for it, but that's because they're horrible horrible drivers... the fact that they were talking on a phone when they got in a wreck is coincidental.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts