Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and it looks like a great site with alot of good info:cool: . My wife has decided she wants a Solstice so I'm on the lookout for one. She wants a blue or black auto so if anyone knows where one's at let me know. I was wondering where you bought your car at and if you paid MSRP or how much over. Also if you ordered yours how long did it take to receive it.

thanks for any help, Daniel

·
Registered
876 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I found my Sol on the vehicle locator at the Pontiac website. Just type in your zip code and it will bring up 25 vehicles in your area. Doesn't mean that they are on the lot or not in transit just means that those dealers are suppose to have it in their inventory. You can pull up the sticker and see what the car is equipped with. It worked for me. Not in Arkansas just trying to be helpful. Good luck in your search. :cool:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
same as him

popsintx said:
Welcome to the forum. I found my Sol on the vehicle locator at the Pontiac website. Just type in your zip code and it will bring up 25 vehicles in your area. Doesn't mean that they are on the lot or not in transit just means that those dealers are suppose to have it in their inventory. You can pull up the sticker and see what the car is equipped with. It worked for me. Not in Arkansas just trying to be helpful. Good luck in your search. :cool:
locator found me several cept my search was ..lol wayyyyyyyy wider.... found the one i wanted..called and really bought before ever being (( in )) one let alone drive it..........kicks riding 5 hrs home with my new toy---- hardest part was takin it easy for break in..... msrp ... period

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've been checking the locator and the dealers websites in my area but whenever I call them they don't have any on the lot:( . One of the dealers I talked to is supposed to be getting one in this week and is going to give me a call when it comes in. I don't mind ordering one but I'd like to see one in person first.
thanks, Daniel

·
Registered
876 Posts
I called several dealers that were on the locator and got the same thing sold or coming in. I just kept calling dealers and just lucked out and found mine. All I can suggest is keep trying. Good luck. Your car is out there. :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where in Arkansas are you from? The dealer here in Jonesboro is great to deal with--sells at MSRP. Mine should be arriving this week. I will be the 8th sol in the area (that includes Paragould and Jonesboro).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Daniel, my initial order was in mid-February and finally accepted in April with a target production week of May 1st. I am using Central Pontiac here in Jonesboro and my car should be here this coming Wednesday or Thursday--they have been absolutely wonderful. I could have gotten a manual Aggressive about 2 months ago, but opted to wait for an automatic. My car will be the 5th one they have received and they are selling at MSRP. In the Jonesboro/Paragould area there are 3 mysterious, 1 deep, 1 cool and mine will make the 3rd aggressive. My husband and kids initially thought I had lost my mind because I was so excited about this car, but now they are excited too! It will be a while before my kids get to drive it and they are 21 and 19.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ponchodan said:
Hi I'm new to the forum and it looks like a great site with alot of good info:cool: . My wife has decided she wants a Solstice so I'm on the lookout for one. She wants a blue or black auto so if anyone knows where one's at let me know. I was wondering where you bought your car at and if you paid MSRP or how much over. Also if you ordered yours how long did it take to receive it.

thanks for any help, Daniel

Hi Dan....we're here in Sherwood. We ordered ours from Gwatney the 1st of Feb. It was shipped as far as Memphis and got hail damage then damaged in shipping. They sent it back to the manufacturer. What a bummer, huh? We waited and waited to find out about it and it took 1 month to even find out it was damaged. Apparently Gwatney's didn't have any connections or something to know where or what was going on...go figure! Anyway, we did a search on the gm finder and found one in Tulsa. It was presold but the guy didn't want it. Just so happened, it was like the one we ordered. Earnie Miller is the dealer name. They are AWESOME. They have gotten 22 Solstice, presoldsn so far. You might check with them. They get them in on a regular basis. Gwatney gets a few but I won't go back to them.

Good luck and when you get it...let us know. We'll meet up. You must be in Bryant or Benton?? Give us a shout.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually we're from a little town called Carlisle right off of I40 heading toward Memphis, only about a 20 minute drive to Sherwood. Do you think it would be possible to meet you sometime and look at your Sol, we have yet to see one in person yet and my wife's kinda iffy on ordering one untill she sees one? Sorry to hear about your luck on the one you ordered but at least you finally got what you wanted, I hate when dealers don't know what's going on:brentil: .

Crain in Conway called me and said they would get one allocated for ordering in two weeks and then it would take 8 weeks to get it in, so that sounds about a normal wait. I went and talked to Gwatney on University, mainly to see how much they would give me on GTO for a trade in, and they wouldn't even appraise my car untill I ordered one:skep: . They did say they were supposed to get one in this week, presold of course, but they would give me a call so I could come look at it and I could get it if the deal fell through.
thanks, Daniel

·
Registered
35 Posts
After all the trouble that we went through At Gwanty Pontiac, I would recommend that you go to another dealer.
Instead of trying to get another car in all they wanted to do is give us our down payment check back. I didn't want the check back, I wanted a car.
I found one at Ernie Miller Pontiac in Tulsa paid MSRP. Also as I had contacted them by e-mail before the car arrived, they told me the car was sold,but that the person that ordered the car may not take because his wife wanted the GXP. Well we got the car.
There were five people waiting when word came that they were not going to take the car.But they were told that there was another buyer, they had to find my telephone number. they called and we picked up the car that afternoon. Ernie Miller Pontiac didn't have to give us a call,but they did,even though there were five buyers in the showroom when we got the call.

In short Ernie Miller Pontiac has been the best car dealer that I have delt with.

Shoot us an E-mail at [email protected] and we will get together to show your wife the car of her dreams.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts