Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone going thru arkansas to national meet be going hwy 71 meet up with Chemist in Carthage Mo around noon we will be leaving Fort Smith Ar 10ish friday morning pm me and get cell # :willy:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
darylclifton said:
anyone going thru arkansas to national meet be going hwy 71 meet up with Chemist in Carthage Mo around noon we will be leaving Fort Smith Ar 10ish friday morning pm me and get cell # :willy:
2 hours from Ft Smith to Carthage? What kind of jet fuel are you using in that Sol? Either that or 71 in Arkansas has greatly improved south of Bella Vista from the last time I drove it...I know it is much better from the state line north.

You will be passing with 5 miles of my parents house near the interchange of 76 and 71 in McDonald County.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Interstate 540 completed several years ago reduces the time required to drive north. Bypasses all of the fun part of 71 and even includes a tunnel.

The old road is still there for a 'scenic' route.

Steve

:cool:

Daryl, I am going up Thursday. C U there!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GO_DRVN said:
2 hours from Ft Smith to Carthage? What kind of jet fuel are you using in that Sol? Either that or 71 in Arkansas has greatly improved south of Bella Vista from the last time I drove it...I know it is much better from the state line north.

You will be passing with 5 miles of my parents house near the interchange of 76 and 71 in McDonald County.

:cool: New I540 Fort Smith to Bentonville you can drive in 1:15-20 min better leave 10-or 15 min earler where I wont have to drive so fast..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2091351 said:
Interstate 540 completed several years ago reduces the time required to drive north. Bypasses all of the fun part of 71 and even includes a tunnel.

The old road is still there for a 'scenic' route.

Steve

:cool:

Daryl, I am going up Thursday. C U there!!!
Ok I will buy you a beer..........;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts