Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that the time I growing nearer I thought I would ask my dealer some pointed questions about my true place in allocation and his initial allocation.
At the time or deposit and purchase got my order # VOM PUT DOWN MY DEPOSIT and was lead to believe I was # 1 in his fist four month allocation. I never really pushed the subject as long as I had my deposit in and an order # it was the best I could do anyway. Now after asking the dealer to be specific as to my place in line they coped a big attitude stating I was 4 out of 4 and if I did not like it they would be glad to return my deposit. The question is if I give them a piece of my mind and let them know I have never been so intimidated, antagonized and made to feel so bad about an experience that should be so good, just for trying to ask some questions is there any thing they can do to screw me around and push back my order further.

PS they tell me now that it should be picked up the week of Aug, 18 and I was thinking of changing my wheel choice to polished don’t know what I was thinking not to many images of SOLS with painted chrome being to bling and expensive and I think painted might be to dull

changing sig to 4 Jokes on me ya GRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
212 Posts
dozin said:
Now that the time I growing nearer I thought I would ask my dealer some pointed questions about my true place in allocation and his initial allocation.
At the time or deposit and purchase got my order # VOM PUT DOWN MY DEPOSIT and was lead to believe I was # 1 in his fist four month allocation. I never really pushed the subject as long as I had my deposit in and an order # it was the best I could do anyway. Now after asking the dealer to be specific as to my place in line they coped a big attitude stating I was 4 out of 4 and if I did not like it they would be glad to return my deposit. The question is if I give them a piece of my mind and let them know I have never been so antagonized and made to feel so bad about an experience that should be so good, just for trying to ask some questions is there any thing they can do to screw me around and push back my order further.

PS they tell me now that it should be picked up the week of Aug, 18 and I was thinking of changing my wheel choice to polished don’t know what I was thinking not to many images of SOLS with painted chrome being to bling and expensive and I think painted might be to dull

changing sig to 4 Jokes on me ya GRRRRRRRRRRR
Well, what can you say, once a Pontiac dealer always a Pontiac dealer...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
danlbrau said:
Well, what can you say, once a Pontiac dealer always a Pontiac dealer...
You can get this kind of treatment at any dealership. Not just a Pontiac problem.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If your order were picked up the week of Aug 18th, you would be in pretty good shape. But definitely not #1.

However if you had ordered leather, you could have been bumped from #1 when the first cars were picked up from the first allocation back at the end of June when there was a leather shortage. If your dealer had one leather and three cloth orders queued up, it is entirely possible the order was shuffled in an effort to get as many of his cars preferenced as possible.

If you had ordered cloth seats, then I don't know what the answer is. Also don't know how your dealer would know what was going to happen re allocation 9 days hence. Must have a better crystal ball than everyone elses's dealer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
If your order were picked up the week of Aug 18th, you would be in pretty good shape. But definitely not #1.

However if you had ordered leather, you could have been bumped from #1 when the first cars were picked up from the first allocation back at the end of June when there was a leather shortage. If your dealer had one leather and three cloth orders queued up, it is entirely possible the order was shuffled in an effort to get as many of his cars preferenced as possible.

If you had ordered cloth seats, then I don't know what the answer is. Also don't know how your dealer would know what was going to happen re allocation 9 days hence. Must have a better crystal ball than everyone elses's dealer.
I understand what you are saying and I did order leather was just venting on how s#### a dealer could make you feel just asking a few questions. Never expected them to roll out the red carpet but man what an attitude the sales manager had. I think he would of rather me cancel my order so he could sell the car for more $$$$

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dozin said:
I understand what you are saying and I did order leather was just venting on how s#### a dealer could make you feel just asking a few questions. Never expected them to roll out the red carpet but man what an attitude the sales manager had. I think he would of rather me cancel my order so he could sell the car for more $$$$
You could be right. If he is a greedy dealer, he may be looking for a stab at the premiums.

·
Registered
763 Posts
or he may realize that he won't have any problem selling it with or without you. ( I know it sucks)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
or he may realize that he won't have any problem selling it with or without you. ( I know it sucks)
And very clearly he would have absolutely no trouble selling the car.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Also don't know how your dealer would know what was going to happen re allocation 9 days hence. Must have a better crystal ball than everyone elses's dealer.
I think SmallDealer mentioned a week or so back that somebody at dealerships (maybe an inventory manager or something) can get a monthly report of when their allocation orders are expected to be picked up. I got the impression it was kind of a new feature or at least that not many employees at a dealership are familiar with it. I certainly haven't seen many people mention those predictions.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm sure that the inventory manager can. That's who placed my order.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GradSoulStice said:
do their records on orders update on tuesday or thursday?
LOL think if I asked then that they would have to shoot me, at least thats the feeling I get. What would be the differance thought I read it was one or the other not both???

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
dozin said:
If you ordered leather then don't blame the dealer for your being bumped from 1st to 4th as we have previously discussed in depth the leather situation and befuddlement as to why GM did not think 70-90% of these cars would want leather instead of a paltry 20-30%.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
This is one of the things I've been worrried about. Your place in line is very easily changed when someone's cousin or friend suddenly appears and wants one. It's really just an internal list/priority and they can tell everyone they are #1 in their allocation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
dozin said:
At the time or deposit and purchase got my order # VOM PUT DOWN MY DEPOSIT and was lead to believe I was # 1 in his fist four month allocation. I never really pushed the subject as long as I had my deposit in and an order # it was the best I could do anyway. Now after asking the dealer to be specific as to my place in line they coped a big attitude stating I was 4 out of 4 and if I did not like it they would be glad to return my deposit. The question is if I give them a piece of my mind and let them know I have never been so intimidated, antagonized and made to feel so bad about an experience that should be so good, just for trying to ask some questions is there any thing they can do to screw me around and push back my order further.
Sometimes, such dealers get their just rewards. I had a friend that was looking at buying the GTO when it first came out. The dealer was rude, arrogant and refused to deal. Constantly stating how great the GTO was and how fast it was going to sell. My friend walked out. 4 months later, the dealer was calling my friend begging him to come in and buy a GTO. My friend told him where to stick the GTO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has it occured to anyone that that particular manager is, by nature, short on patience, was having an already lousy day and that dozin was less than perfect at the time? Has it occured to anyone that Pontiac picked up his order fourth in line due to production scheduling of certain colors or features and that the dealer has no control over that?

Now before everyone starts going on and on about retail management and customer sevice and attitudes and all of that, know that I have been in sales of one thing or another for over 25 years. You are preaching to the choir. I have never met the customer or worker bee that wasn't susceptible to haveing a lousy day and a lousy attitude.

So, before you pass judgement, try walking a mile in the other man's shoes. And knowing both sides of the story. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
flt-r-bi

I can't find out anything about my order. I have ordered a vehicle before and never had this much problem getting any info. It is like they think they are doing us a favor not a good attitude to get Pontiac up and going again. I was told I could get my deposit back too!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Breeze said:
Has it occured to anyone that that particular manager is, by nature, short on patience, was having an already lousy day and that dozin was less than perfect at the time? Has it occured to anyone that Pontiac picked up his order fourth in line due to production scheduling of certain colors or features and that the dealer has no control over that?

Now before everyone starts going on and on about retail management and customer sevice and attitudes and all of that, know that I have been in sales of one thing or another for over 25 years. You are preaching to the choir. I have never met the customer or worker bee that wasn't susceptible to haveing a lousy day and a lousy attitude.

So, before you pass judgement, try walking a mile in the other man's shoes. And knowing both sides of the story. ;)
Well let’s just say I just might have walked 2 miles in the other mans ill-fitting shoes!!! And arrived with a better attitude. All I tried to do was ask a few direct questions with out getting, "your ahead of some and behind others" lame remark. I really think there trying to have me cancel my order in order to sell it for more money. The owner of the dealership called today to ask what the problem was, told him there was no prob just trying at this point to get some up dated info, he proceeded to tell me how I upset him his sales manager and salesman and it looks like they won’t be able to make me happy so I might want to reconsider my purchase from them. My answer to that was when could I come in to change my order to polished wheels, by my mistake I thought I had ordered. SORRY ABOUT THE RANT. It seem like a bad day is running rampant around this dealership. which at this point will still remain nameless

1 - 18 of 18 Posts