Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Things are starting to look better, the trans shop had the 6060 out Monday Morning, and my boss let me take a long lunch to drop it off at the shop I purchased it from, they tore it apart in front of me and the front tapered roller bearing that holds the input shaft had failed. They said it was the 2nd time they have seen this in 8 years of modifying the 6060's.
It was ready to pick up yesterday, so was the driveshaft that I had shortened 1/2" just for my piece of mind, I just did not like how the slip yoke had only 3/8" of available travel. I never heard it bottom out in the few miles I drove the car, but I was a bit nervous about it. I dropped off both parts yesterday, and the welder in our shop will have the trans mount modifications done before lunch, so I may have the car back for the dream cruise Saturday, if not all the precruise festivities going on during the week. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well Thankfully the trans swap is done, not 100% happy with the end results but it is good enough to drive for a couple of months and enjoy until I have to put the car away this winter. Things left to do.

(1) Find the small rattle that has appeared coming from the trans tunnel at certain rpm's Must be something loose or not positioned correctly allowing it to rattle.
(2) Change the Shift handle - I did not realize that the bellhousing I used actually tilts the trans toward the passenger side of the cat 7 degrees. The short straight shifter I installed has the 1-2 gate straight up and down, with all the others biased towards the passenger side. I am now looking for a tilted handle that I can use that still works with the CTSV know I modified.
(3) Change the location of the passenger side O2 Sensor, it almost contacts the bottom of the Tremec 6060 I am sure if I hit a Michigan speed bump it will bend the O2 Sensor. So I will have to get a new Bung welded on and plug the old one.
(4) Install & wire up the Reverse Lockout Solinoid control box, getting the trans in reverse without it is Possible, but my Wife can not do it. I just did not want to take the time to install and wire it as I really wanted to make the Woodward Dream Cruise with the car. I just made it.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts