Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Tom Kelley and the car looked great! First, thank you CeeLo for parting with your car to allow others to drool all over it at the dealership. That was very nice of you. :yesnod:

The car was like a magnet. Every person that walked in went right to it. The bright red GTO parked right next to it was completly invisible. Most first words were "Wow", followed by a "what's this?".

Notes for CeeLo:
The guys at the dealership (who were very nice) watched the car like a hawk. All attempts to sit or lean on the car were halted. Once you got near the car they would remind everyone that it was sold and to not sit on lean on it. They were very professional.

Notes for everyone else:
  • You gotta see it in person with natural lighting. Looked much better than at the Auto Show.
  • While the seats are low, the car is not. The window ledge appears to be similar in height to a Civic.
  • The cupholders feel sturdy and the 3rd cupholder makes a cool sound when it is opened.
  • The trunk is actually bigger than I thought it was going to be. Pictures just don't do it justice.
  • Damm, it looks good in black.
  • The top looks to be a breeze to operate.
  • The little black plastic bumpers on the trunk lid are tiny. We're talking the size of a quarter.
  • The headlights look awesome from the back. Has a bit of a MG look to it.
That's all I can think of right now. Thanks again CeeLo. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
stang said:
Just got back from Tom Kelley and the car looked great! First, thank you CeeLo for parting with your car to allow others to drool all over it at the dealership. That was very nice of you. :yesnod:

The car was like a magnet. Every person that walked in went right to it. The bright red GTO parked right next to it was completly invisible. Most first words were "Wow", followed by a "what's this?".

Notes for CeeLo:
The guys at the dealership (who were very nice) watched the car like a hawk. All attempts to sit or lean on the car were halted. Once you got near the car they would remind everyone that it was sold and to not sit on lean on it. They were very professional.

Notes for everyone else:
  • You gotta see it in person with natural lighting. Looked much better than at the Auto Show.
  • While the seats are low, the car is not. The window ledge appears to be similar in height to a Civic.
  • The cupholders feel sturdy and the 3rd cupholder makes a cool sound when it is opened.
  • The trunk is actually bigger than I thought it was going to be. Pictures just don't do it justice.
  • Damm, it looks good in black.
  • The top looks to be a breeze to operate.
  • The little black plastic bumpers on the trunk lid are tiny. We're talking the size of a quarter.
  • The headlights look awesome from the back. Has a bit of a MG look to it.
That's all I can think of right now. Thanks again CeeLo. :thumbs:

Sounds really cool! Glad he let people see it, and I am especially pleased the dealer made sure nobody hurt his new ride! :thumbs:

You gotta see it in person with natural lighting. Looked much better than at the Auto Show.
Without a doubt! Seeing a line of them in person, all different colors, was something to behold! These cars are going to be stunning on the road!

·
Registered
383 Posts
In the third pic..it looks like a bit of orange peel with the paint. Maybe its just my monitor.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
deepdawg said:
In the third pic..it looks like a bit of orange peel with the paint. Maybe its just my monitor.
After a close look, it does. I wonder if it is just an illusion from the reflection. I Hope so!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deepdawg said:
Did not notice it in person. My guess is that it's the camera. There was a lot of light reflecting off that car and my camera is a few years old and is only 4mp.

CeeLo can tell you for sure, but I only remember seeing a smooth finish on the car. In fact, not to bash GM, but if this car was not wearing five Pontiac arrowheads you would swear that someone else made it. The fit and finish was very good. It's going to change a lot of perceptions about GM.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Orange peel

I saw a black one (#129) last night that was dirty, but I did think that the paint finish had a bit of an orange peel effect.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
stang said:

[*]The cupholders feel sturdy and the 3rd cupholder makes a cool sound when it is opened.
[*]The trunk is actually bigger than I thought it was going to be. Pictures just don't do it justice.
[*]The top looks to be a breeze to operate.
Just a quick observation, if your comments (in blue) above are so true, how did you find out your comments (in green) above? Did you have a special note or something? Or was it just the dealer doing all the cup holder pushing and trunk opening? Just wondering.

·
Registered
106 Posts
SEXISM LIVES!
:willy: :willy:
CeeLo could be a She.

Let's all get together at Road Atlanta and steal the show.
:) :)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bonzo said:
Just a quick observation, if your comments (in blue) above are so true, how did you find out your comments (in green) above? Did you have a special note or something? Or was it just the dealer doing all the cup holder pushing and trunk opening? Just wondering.
I guess that does read kinda funny. :lol:

After I did donuts in the parking lot... :leaving:

Just kidding. They would let you open the drivers side door. With the top down and door open it is easy to reach the center console and cupholder. The dealer opened it and I got to close it. :) Dealer did the 3rd cupholder.

As for the hood, top, and trunk it was all the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FINELY said:
SEXISM LIVES!
:willy: :willy:
CeeLo could be a She.

Let's all get together at Road Atlanta and steal the show.
:) :)
I think CeeLo is a she. CeeLo has mentioned a husband and unless they live around Piedmond Park ;) I would assume that makes CeeLo a she.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
A note on orange peel. Most GM cars have it and if you repainted a classic that had it and it had smooth paint, it would definately be noticed.

I have a few reflection shots on my gallery to show it as well. It CAN be reduced a little by using claybar at least once.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You're quite welcome!

First, CeeLo is a SHE! And my hubby and I don't live near Piedmont Park.

The guys at Tom Kelly are wonderful. I dropped them off a nice parting gift and they gave me a few as well for leaving my car to show.
They told me they met some nice people from the forum and hope to do business with new customers wanting the Solstice,

Thanks for posting the pics. I don't think I have access to do so. The car looks fabulous in the photos and in real life. I had to get in it and show off at Sidelines this evening watching some football.

Good luck to all those still waiting, trust me... it's definately worth the wait. Just hope for warm weather in the north, cause it's still hot as hell here in Atlanta. ;)

CeeLo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts