Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the kind of odd ball thing that you know you ought to buy even if, like me, you don't currently have a coupe. It is just so special and a part of Solstice history. It's the Solstice coupe removable roof factory shipping container...and I'll bet great for protective storage when using the soft top or simply to protect it when off.

Pontiac Solstice coupe removable roof factory shipping containers. RARE | eBay

I can think of a half dozen folks right off who could probably use this and maybe buy two. Anyway this is posted in the interest of the occasional stuff that shows up, like Opel GT 2010 BIG mirrors...

Enjoy,

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
That is the expanded plastic (styrofoam) often used for forms in shipping cartons. If a buyer had it shipped to them via UPS I wouldn't give it a better than 50% chance of making it unless the seller packed it in a close fitting box!

I guess it would be better temporary storage for the roof than what most probably use - a blanket on a shelf, but I wonder if the reserve price on this is going to turn out to be reasonable. Guess we'll see in 6 days.

If this does well I may try selling the packing peanuts from the boxes some of my more expensive audio gear came in..... :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts