Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wonderful Steak House ...Cimarolli's...was contacted this past week and they now state that "we don't have a back room and we don't take reservations" even though I spoke with them last year and they were very willing to having our group come.

So..now we need to make a decision on a new location... some choices:

1. Buffalo Phil's - they catered one year..thus year we could see if they had room for us at the restaurant.

2. Ravina's

3. Famous Dave's BBQ

4. Or should we try to have it catered again? This would mean money would HAVE to be sent in post haste.

If you have any other thoughts or ideas please let us know ASAP! (Jill, maybe your magic would work?)

***As a side note: fun and games planned and some great prizes have been donated by a long time attendee :D

Also..everyone still interested in doing the White Elephant?

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning move to the top of the pile.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I think going somewhere is preferable......what is Ravina"s and what is Famous Dave's.....they both sound interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Perhaps a personal visit to the steakhouse is in order.

They were all in when we talked about it last year.
How high up the food chain were you?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Sounds like a road trip is in order when do you want to go

Road trip road trip:dthumbs::thumbs::drool::drool::drool:

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I would call and ask to speak to the owner........ but I'll do whatever.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We are good with whatever is decided.... for us it more about the great company (love the Dells) so the food is just a plus on top of the great company. Ravina's is good (nice view and all) but the only problem is last year it was there last weekend before closing for the season so they ran out of some items.

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think going somewhere is preferable......what is Ravina"s and what is Famous Dave's.....they both sound interesting.
Tad...Ravinas sits down by the lake and 2 years ago they did an awesome job..last year, not so well. Famous Dave's is a BBQ the is very good.

Still working on other options...we will have somewhere or something to eat, just not sure what or where yet.

On a side note....today we did find a great new place for lunch on Saturday and it may come with an added bonus (no I'm not sharing :D)

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Anywhere we eat it great....Ravina's maybe as a fall back....

WHITE ELEPHANT!!! YESSSSSS!!!

It really is about the people though.....:):grouphug::party::driving::woo::dthumbs:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
White elephant YES have to see who's birthday we will celebrate next year

:thumbs:

·
Registered
468 Posts
:skep:Well, that bites the big flatiron...:toetap:

What about Thursday night we do Cimaroli's (less likely to be crowded), Friday night is "on-yer-own-der-hey" / mini-group decisions, and then we go back to Ravina's Saturday?

I agree with Russ and Cathy -- Ravina's would be great but if we gave them enough heads up, maybe they'll have enough leftovers to microwave for our party? :lol:

Or, we get 3 cords of wood and a few hundred-dozen brats, steaks, chickens, etc...and I'll BBQ them over an open-flame fire pit. I'm up for the challenge. :devil:

White elephant - most definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New idea...thanks Rob!

Thursday and Friday arrivals can hit Cimaollis in small groups.

Saturday we have our own BBQ with everyone being responsible for some item (an assignment list will be made), Burgers and Brats with sides.

We don't have to get cleaned up to go anywhere, stand in line, we can stand around and talk (and enjoy adult beverages) all in the comfort of Bakers.

How does that sound?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
New idea...thanks Rob!

Saturday we have our own BBQ with everyone being responsible for some item (an assignment list will be made), Burgers and Brats with sides.

We don't have to get cleaned up to go anywhere, stand in line, we can stand around and talk (and enjoy adult beverages) all in the comfort of Bakers.

How does that sound?
sounds good to us. just let us know what you need us to bring.

·
Registered
566 Posts
New idea...thanks Rob!

How does that sound?
Do we need to check out the firepit--I thought they were doing remodeling to it? I wonder if we could get Baker's to store stuff--burger's brat's etc and then we would not be doing run, run to store, back to bakers, cook and enjoy:)

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Do we need to check out the firepit--I thought they were doing remodeling to it? I wonder if we could get Baker's to store stuff--burger's brat's etc and then we would not be doing run, run to store, back to bakers, cook and enjoy:)
Yep, Kathy and I will be bringing the meat, if this idea is good with the majority, and we'll have a good idea for how many buns, plates, plastics etc needed, we can store in the party room, so folks can pick up their 'assignment' on Friday or even bring with, if it's not some huge thing. We can use the grills, get the 3 or 4 of them on the beach side going, after the run on Saturday.

Plus we'll have the 'cut-thru' room we can store anything that doesn't need refrigeration.

I'm thinking a variety of salads, from potato to pasta to ??, beans, slaws, chips, condiments, and desserts, ie cookies whatever. I'm going to use one of our dept party worksheets, and post it up here once we're set. The bottom line is once I get the list of 'neededs' and volunteers for the items, there will be a a few more cars than things needed, and those cars will chip in like (just a guess until I put the numbers on paper) $5.00-$10 per car for dinner, in lieu of supplying stuff for dinner.
Make sense? :willy:

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have Ann Valley still checking out a couple of possibles for us...hope to have a final decision made by next week so we can move forward. Will let everyone know the final outcome....thanks for all the input and flexibility!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts