Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OLD LADY has asked me to set up a run this Sunday as it may be the last really good weather day in a while- so here goes !!!

SUNDAY OCT. 30TH 11:30 a.m.
Start at Belden Village (Westfield) Shopping Center - N. Canton Ohio
Run starts at 12 noon - for 3 hours - so be there on time by 11:30
I will have my cell on for anyone who is running late!!!!!

We have at least 7 cars in NE OHIO - plus western PA...plus Columbus..Dayton (Bonzo...you got it yet??))) maybe even Michigan !!!
so come on out ... Achieftain...ex-Miata Man ... Solstick and the Columbus gang and anyone else. Marco has already committed so has OLD LADY
how about you Zolsol....Loftguy...Cooloff ... ateam77 just to mention a few .

We have the potentail to get 15 or more cars out to this one !!!!

There are others lurking and others who have not posted lately too....some may even have cars... so let's get it on

For you travelling from a distance ...from Pennsy...take either 11 or 79 south to 76 west or take 80 to 76 west...then take 76 to I 77 south at Akron
From the North come south on I77 thru Akron and get off at Exit 109...it's the one just past the airport and just past the Wal-Mart on the right.
From the south...take I77 north thru Canton...past the Hall of Fame (HOF) and the next major exit is also 109....from the south just follow the exit onto Belden Village Blvd and Dillard's will be on your right...just past Kauffmanns

We meet in the southwest corner of the mall...behind the Dillard's store at 11:30 and start off at 12 noon. Route is still being planned

There will some of us who do not have cars so it would be very nice if some of you owners had spots for us to ride shotgun- however spouses come first- as always.

You can PM me or MOGO or oldlady also....

SO...........Let's get this post rolling.....WHO'S IN !!!!!?????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You're right Druid. We are running out of time this year. I was able to drive my Solstice for the first time in a week yesterday.
I went through a drive thru........nice Scottish restaurant.....couple of golden arches in front and the woman said you must be freezing.

I told her the heater works great and you'd be amazed how warming a smile on your face can be.
However the weather does look better for this weekend and I'm looking forward to going.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all are welcome !!!! 74MGB has asked to cruise in her vintage "B" until her Pure arrives

so let's get some responses here.....who's coming besides Mark & old lady and bringing a Solstice ???

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
must be a lot of NEO's not signed on today

lotsa "Reads" but no "commits"

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey SHOEMAN !!!

SHOEMAN ...you need to be posting to this thread for Sunday !!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
druid-2 said:
OLD LADY has asked me to set up a run this Sunday as it may be the last really good weather day in a while- so here goes !!!

SUNDAY OCT. 30TH 11:30 a.m.
Start at Belden Village (Westfield) Shopping Center - N. Canton Ohio
Run starts at 12 noon - for 3 hours - so be there on time by 11:30
I will have my cell on for anyone who is running late!!!!!

We have at least 7 cars in NE OHIO - plus western PA...plus Columbus..Dayton (Bonzo...you got it yet??))) maybe even Michigan !!!
so come on out ... Achieftain...ex-Miata Man ... Solstick and the Columbus gang and anyone else. Marco has already committed so has OLD LADY
how about you Zolsol....Loftguy...Cooloff ... ateam77 just to mention a few .

We have the potentail to get 15 or more cars out to this one !!!!

There are others lurking and others who have not posted lately too....some may even have cars... so let's get it on

For you travelling from a distance ...from Pennsy...take either 11 or 79 south to 76 west or take 80 to 76 west...then take 76 to I 77 south at Akron
From the North come south on I77 thru Akron and get off at Exit 109...it's the one just past the airport and just past the Wal-Mart on the right.
From the south...take I77 north thru Canton...past the Hall of Fame (HOF) and the next major exit is also 109....from the south just follow the exit onto Belden Village Blvd and Dillard's will be on your right...just past Kauffmanns

We meet in the southwest corner of the mall...behind the Dillard's store at 11:30 and start off at 12 noon. Route is still being planned

There will some of us who do not have cars so it would be very nice if some of you owners had spots for us to ride shotgun- however spouses come first- as always.

You can PM me or MOGO or oldlady also....

SO...........Let's get this post rolling.....WHO'S IN !!!!!?????
Sorry just found this. I will try My wife is getting home form a week long trip Saturday night so we will see !!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I just found the post. I'm trying to arrange my schedule for Sunday to make the trip work. I'll PM one of you to get an address so I can MapQuest location and get a cell phone number. I'll do my best to make it. If I can arrange my schedule I will probably be coming solo so there will be a passenger seat open for a rider. I'll post again tomorrow when I know for certain about the schedule. This sounds like too much fun to let slip away!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just got back from Latrobe. stopped in lordstown on the way. took some pictures.

Hey Zol! Hope you make it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hello fellow NE Ohioans. Thanks for the invite; sounds like fun, but I have a previous commitment. Maybe next time. Hope you guys have good weather- its supposed to be in the 60's. Could be a top down kind of day. Enjoy! :cool:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You guys are killin' me!! I'm 6 hrs away (when I'm home) but I'm in Taiwan for business and won't return till mid Nov. HAVE A BALL. Take pics and post on the forum. I would love to see some different color combos together.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
I would love to come along, but my hubby says the only way would be if we trailered the Sol from here to Ohio. He babies this baby more than our two. I guess I need to start checking into car trailers. Have fun and enjoy the sun.

Missy

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Missy,
I'll have an empty passenger seat tomorrow. Tell your husband to take you or you will hitch a ride with me. That should make his reconsider. :lol: Sorry you guys won't be there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts