Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesman just called to let me know that he has an invoice in hand for my car. He also told me that he noticed that the polished wheels that we added a few days after entering my order hadn't shown up. He's already spoken with their dealer rep who confirmed that the order was modified, but has no idea why they're not on the invoice. Rep's gunna do some digging. Also, he mentioned a wheel contraint, but I know SmallDealer has stated that it was only a chrome constraint. More info to come as this unfolds...
:brentil:

SmallDealer or Cricket, since you guys have seen more VOM reports than anyone, could you take a look at mine and see if you see anything fishy? VOM# is JCRWMD. Thanks guys for what you do for all of us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Chris said:
My salesman just called to let me know that he has an invoice in hand for my car. He also told me that he noticed that the polished wheels that we added a few days after entering my order hadn't shown up. He's already spoken with their dealer rep who confirmed that the order was modified, but has no idea why they're not on the invoice. Rep's gunna do some digging. Also, he mentioned a wheel contraint, but I know SmallDealer has stated that it was only a chrome constraint. More info to come as this unfolds...
:brentil:

SmallDealer or Cricket, since you guys have seen more VOM reports than anyone, could you take a look at mine and see if you see anything fishy? VOM# is JCRWMD. Thanks guys for what you do for all of us!
Chris, basically the same thing happened to me and a few others I've heard from. I ordered the polished, my dealer ordered it with the polished....they weren't picked up. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marco said:
Chris, basically the same thing happened to me and a few others I've heard from. I ordered the polished, my dealer ordered it with the polished....they weren't picked up. :willy:
Any resolution or just "too bad, so sad"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Chris said:
Any resolution or just "too bad, so sad"?
It gives me a little motivation to put on aftermarkets.

My dealer offered chrome plating. I just want my car. I thought it may be here by now. It was released either the day before or after Labor day.

Maybe its time to pay a courtesy call to my customers at Lordstown ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marco said:
It gives me a little motivation to put on aftermarkets.

My dealer offered chrome plating. I just want my car. I thought it may be here by now. It was released either the day before or after Labor day.

Maybe its time to pay a courtesy call to my customers at Lordstown ;)
Yeah, my dealer mentioned a chrome dip, but I'm not too sure that's what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump for the AM crowd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
I'd take it with the painted wheels. I ordered polished also with my 'cool' exterior, but the painted wheels look nice on a "cool' car- same color. You would also be saving almost $500. Functonally, I doubt the polished wheels are any better- probably weigh the same. one thing I would NOT do is take the original wheels and go get them plated aftermarket. More weight, more expense, and non-original for no good reason. My BMW has a painted finish on it's wheels and it cleans up nicely and looks great after 5 years.

Even if you are unhappy with the look of the painted wheels, you can keep them as a second set to mount winter tires once your 'all season' are ready to be replaced. Lots of sports-minded drivers keep two sets of wheels/tires for their car- summer sports rubber and winter traction rubber. Good sports tires are really useless in snow. The money you saved will get you started on a set of aftermarket wheels, or 'polished' wheels from Pontiac if that is your wish.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Based on my memory, Chris you are the 4th person to post something along these lines about wheels.

As with the others, there is nothing in the VOMS Change History logs that show that "Polished" wheels where dropped in favor of "Painted". There has been no ordering constraints on "Polished", and when GM/Pontiac has to change and order they send a messeage to the effected dealership(s).

While I do not has access to order info, I looked at build info on a 8 car run with yours in the middle. Two were built with "Polished" wheels and one had the "Polished" wheels changed to "Painted" by the dealer in April.

Excelsior's order contained lots of changes in April. It appeared that the dealership may have changed an exsisting order to match what Exclesior wanted to give him an earlier "order date". The dealership may have missed the wheels when they made the change.

Marco and another site member who reported the same issue, never (in my memory) posted back that the dealership produced proof that they ordered it correctly.

So lacking copies of dealership order records from VOMS that show other wise, I still think that it is a dealership error.


Bonzo Audit Scorecard
Defend Dealership: No Accuse Dealership: Yes
Defend GM: Yes Accuse GM: No
Provide Infomation Only: N/A
Answer Question Only: N/A
General Conversation: N/A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Bonzo Audit Scorecard
Defend Dealership: No Accuse Dealership: Yes
Defend GM: Yes Accuse GM: No
Provide Infomation Only: N/A
Answer Question Only: N/A
General Conversation: N/A

:glol: :lol: :glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks SD.

If my dealer decided they screwed up and were going to make it right, what options do they have. Can they get the wheels at the factory costs and just swap for the painted? If that wasn't an option, how would they go about ordering them at a non-factory price. (As in, if I hit a curb and busted up a wheel, how would they replace that?)

I'll see what my dealer figures out and will let everyone know how it works out.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top