Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What is your level of interest in aftermarket audio/video/navigation products?

• OEM is my cup of tea.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Maps? Do they still print those things? Navigation is all I need!

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • I want to hear and feel my system at speed with the top down.

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • I want the people in the car next to me to hear my system.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I want the people 2 blocks away to hear my system.

Votes: 2 3.4%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gravana is partnering with Boston Acoustics on our Project Solstice. We would like to know your level of interest in aftermarket audio/video/navigation products. Thank you in advance for your participation.

Jim

·
Registered
576 Posts
What do you have in mind? Would the system integrate with the current Solstice radio and monsoon speakers? Iwould need more information before I could truely respond, but like the idea of a navigation system at the right price. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
gravana1 said:
Gravana is partnering with Boston Acoustics on our Project Solstice. We would like to know your level of interest in aftermarket audio/video/navigation products. Thank you in advance for your participation.

Jim
If you can offer something like the Pioneer AVIC-D1 with a few modifications, that would be awesome.

FYI, things I would change:
1) 2 DVD drives instead of 1, so you can play movies using the second drive
2) Some form of data recorder for the Vehicle Dynamic Displays
3) BLUETOOTH!! No one is using Bluetooth yet. I WANT MY BLUETOOTH!
4) A slot for a multimedia card (i.e. Secure Digital) to load pictures into the display and make changes to the configuration (like the ability to change the on-screen buttons)

I know it sounds like a lot, but I believe it can be done. :cool: Sorry, I'm a tech geek. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have the Pioneer unit in one of our Cobalts and it is great. However, we had to have it modified to function on the fly. I'm sure by the time SEMA hits in November, we will know which brands fit as a direct replacemnet and which will need mods to fit in the OEM D/D.

We typically use Eclipse due to the quality and performance we have seen over the years.

As for what we have in mind, our policy for daily drivers is to keep Subs inside the car and out of the trunk, and keep installations as clean and close to OEM as possible. Our show cars are a different story.

Jim

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
iPod connectivity beyond an audio jack on the face...

Full iPod interface with display of current track information and integration with the steering wheel controls.

Maps are nice, and if the unit did XM, GPS, iPod, and kept the driver's information center, that would be enough for me to put one in my Solstice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm partnering with Eclipse audio for my SEMA project Solstice "Soul Fuel",
will have Nav. , Sirius, HD radio, 3-way components, 2-10'' subs, DVD,
cd changer............................guess where the subs will be ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
gravana1 said:
I ordered a solstice with the base stereo with an intention to install an aftermarket double din nav system. So, yes, I am very interested!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A navigation system would be nice. Voice recognition is out, an easy (and big) touch screen system would be useful but a key point would be to have some type of hood or cover that can adjust for optimal angles so you can see it in sunlight.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Thank you, Not for me I want to drive the car, the 6 CD changer and Monsoon is plenty.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am very interested in installing something like the Pioneer unit/Nav but I am a little concerned about securing the unit in the dash. Touch screen would be nice but not a priority. I would also wish to integrate the controls with the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Marco said:
A navigation system would be nice. Voice recognition is out, an easy (and big) touch screen system would be useful but a key point would be to have some type of hood or cover that can adjust for optimal angles so you can see it in sunlight.
:agree: :agree:

i used to be the guy that wanted people a few blocks away to hear my system. i used to have a '77 rabbit, it had a pheonix gold outlaw amp(for those of you who don't know, this amp was 3'6" long with two amps in it) and it was running two 12" subs... this bastard was LOUD . and yes people 4 block away heard the car.

But i don't want anything like that anymore. but nav. would be nice.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I opted for the base radio, and plan to use an iPod (or equivalent). I hadn't thought about it before, but I might be interested ina nav system.

The only thing worse than getting lost on a cross country trek, is having to deal with maps (wouldn't want to take up half the trunk with a road atlas :lol: )

·
Registered
278 Posts
i just want good tasteful full range sound with the top down. I'm really keen on listening to all variety's of music, but i especially like to listen to symphonic music, and i love to feel the timpanies roar!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Excelsior said:
An in-dash microPC that would allow me to run Delorme Street Atlas 2006 from the hard drive. Thats it. http://www.mini-itx.com/
I'ld be happy for a microPC for my 18.5 GB of music. Who needs a iPod when you can put all your music in the car and be done with. Put ogg vorbis support on it and life would be great :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not being a "techno - geek", all the cool computer stuff is way beyond my abilities to keep a cool head while driving this most rightous ride. That being said, GPS color map would be way cool. :yesnod:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.