Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
August 1st week:150 Solstice's

Anyone have the numbers from the first week in August? I hope they are getting rid of the 1st 1K's so they can start working on the 2yr/24Kmile service cars.

:brentil:

RadRiv

Sorry, answered my own question...went to automotivenews.com. Lower right hand side...pdf file.

150!!!! yea...keep em coming!

Sorry for all the edits...if you add up July (330) and the first week in Aug (150) you have 480 cars...1/2 way there! They'll be done with the 1st 1K by the end of August!!!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's nearly double what they made the week before!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops...reading the small print....

Automotive news....these were estimates.

Sh1t!

RadRiv

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yep ... I believe the actual production Sols for July totaled 180. But each of the weekly totals for the past weeks was under 100, so the fact that they cranked out 150 last week is a great sign. That sounds like much better numbers than expected. Let's hope they keep it up.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My dealer called today and told me my VIN # is 218 and he expects to see the car late this week. GM must really be cranking up the line or I wouldn't be seeing my car so soon.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Terpfan is vin #206 and I believe his car was made last Friday. They will make 112 cars per day when up to full production rate. We should find out who has the highest VIN # this coming Friday and try to figure out the rate that way!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ex-Miata Man said:
My dealer called today and told me my VIN # is 218 and he expects to see the car late this week. GM must really be cranking up the line or I wouldn't be seeing my car so soon.

Ex-Miata Man,

Sounds like time stamp has very little to do with your VIN#. It seems that people with a later time stamp have lower VIN#'s than you do.

Let us know when you get it!

RadRiv

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Congrats to you! Hopefully you'll be driving around soon!

·
Registered
753 Posts
i was running an errand in delaware (honest!) so i took the opportunity to swing by boxwood rd GM plant. they had every color solstice out in the yard. i chatted briefly with one of the GM guys who was in a solstice. he said the cars were all for production but were not all 1st 1000 cars. he seemed to agree that the mysterious/ envious/deep cars were the cars coming through with the 1st 1000 emblems.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
cdb said:
i was running an errand in delaware (honest!) so i took the opportunity to swing by boxwood rd GM plant. they had every color solstice out in the yard. i chatted briefly with one of the GM guys who was in a solstice. he said the cars were all for production but were not all 1st 1000 cars. he seemed to agree that the mysterious/ envious/deep cars were the cars coming through with the 1st 1000 emblems.
Oh, man! That says a lot! The 1st pulled group in the first allocation should be very, very, very happy! Of course, I'm not happy, yet. sniff, sniff.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I'm confused....

GM is making 1st 1K cars with non-1st 1K cars intermixed??? So, are you saying that the Zero Zippers and 2year/24K mile service guys are going to get there cars soon too?

Clarification would be appreciated!

RadRiv

·
Registered
218 Posts
If they did build some other cars alongside the First 1000, i would expect that they would hold them until all First 1000 have been delivered.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hyzer said:
If they did build some other cars alongside the First 1000, i would expect that they would hold them until all First 1000 have been delivered.

Yes, I would assume this too...however does anyone know if this is really happening??? Building 1st 1K w/ non-1st 1K cars?

RadRiv

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:

Buddddyyy..you ordered the same as I did...PUHLEASE...let me meet ya once you get it. I live in MD so you arent too far away. PUHLEASE! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
RADRIV said:
Sorry, I'm confused....

GM is making 1st 1K cars with non-1st 1K cars intermixed???
GM has said that the "First 1000" would be the first 1000 cars produced for retail sale. So they will not be producing first allocation cars until they have completed those. However, keep in mind that now they have the line up to standards, they will almost definitely be producing cars for use as promotional cars and press cars, crash testing (unfortunately) and any number of other reasons. That does not contradict anything GM said. But those cars will not be sold as retail orders.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a better question... why batch build the first 1000 but throw in others of all colors.... doesn't stand up to the sniff test.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Whats the difference you got one of first 1000.What does the time it was made have to do with anything It's not going to be worth any less. It will be delivered before the others . One can not control every espect of production.Calm down a tad.

·
Registered
763 Posts
who are you talking to? no one was griping he was just stating what we have been told and I was just bringing up something that didnt smell right.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Whats the difference you got one of first 1000.What does the time it was made have to do with anything It's not going to be worth any less. It will be delivered before the others . One can not control every espect of production.Calm down a tad.
Sorry if I was somewhat abrupt. It's just that GM spelled out that these would be the first 1000 cars produced for retail sale. There was a similar rumor that went around previously about the possibility that they would be mixed with other cars. But GM reiterated on the fastlane blogs that they would be the first cars made for dealer orders. They said that other cars would be produced prior to or alongside them, but they would not be headed for dealers. When I e-mailed questions regarding the matter, a manager working on the Solstice program even called me personally to explicitly go over the process and stated that the first 1000 would be the first 1000 retail cars built, shipped, and delivered and also explained the efforts they went to in making it happen. So I was merely trying to quash a misunderstanding before it got started.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts