Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched and found some threads but nothing that really helps me.

The first problem is the I/P lights don't come on at all anymore. I've tried covering the Sensor. I think it needs to be replaced but I'm having a problem finding one to buy or know what it is called. So any advice on some way to either test the sensor, where I can get another one or trouble shooting would be wounderful. Thanks

Second Problem I live in the Missorui and we're having a really wet season. We're getting a lot torrental down pours. I've noticed that in the heavy rains the floor board on the pass side is always wet. The wet spot is tucked under the dash with no obvious signs of leaking from roof. I've seen a couple of people with simmilar problems. Is there a fix for this? What causes it? I've read a couple of simmilar threads but I can't see the "holes" they're talking about on the a pilliar. Thanks Again

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I'll start with the obvious in case you've overlooked it, by no means an attempt to belittle your efforts. Have you tried spinning the brightness knob for the I/P lighting back and forth?

As for the leak, is the moisture evident near the door sill? Several owners have had issues with the weather seal and sealing under the sill plates allowing water in.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Further to CW's response, if you manually turn on the lights and the dash lights don't switch on, that's nothing to do with a (possibly) bad sensor. Check the dimmer or then the fuses.

The sensor is only used to switch the headlights on. When the lights are on, the dashlights will be on (no matter whether it's auto-on or manually on)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Regarding the wet passenger footwell; check the drain of the plastic vent pan under the windshield and wipers. Open the hood and make sure there isn't leaves or something obstructing the drain. If that overflows, it could leak into the passenger footwell via the lower heater vent. You could open the hood and using the garden hose, flow some water down the windshield. If the water doesn't drain out to under the car right away, the drain tube is be clogged with something.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Or the AC condensate drain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chicken--- Yes the first thing I checked what the knob, the fuses. The I/P lights do not come on at all with the switch. I covered the sensor today on my way to work and the I/P lights not comming on at all. It was my understanding that the I/p lights would stay on all the time only if you had the software upgrade from GM. I have an 06

As for the leak it's not just the foot well it's comming in the passenger compartment on the floor. There is a little drippage under the where the Speaker is mounted. Haven't been able to check the drains yet though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts