Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
The wife's turns off after 10 seconds from when she pulls out of the garage. They should be turning off unless it is very cloudy during the day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Canadian 2006 (others?) defaults to lights on 'all the time'. The AUTO setting on the headlight control stick is thus inoperable, you have no choice. The danger in having it do this is that in daylight conditions it shuts off the dash and radio / clock lighting, regardless of the dimmer control knob. That in itself makes the daytime running lights stuck ON a bad idea. I have the habit of fiddling with these controls while driving, trying to make them light up, thus distracting me from safe driving.

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
The Canadian 2006 (others?) defaults to lights on 'all the time'. The AUTO setting on the headlight control stick is thus inoperable, you have no choice. The danger in having it do this is that in daylight conditions it shuts off the dash and radio / clock lighting, regardless of the dimmer control knob. That in itself makes the daytime running lights stuck ON a bad idea. I have the habit of fiddling with these controls while driving, trying to make them light up, thus distracting me from safe driving.
Unless you have the program change that keeps the IP lights on all the time, they are controlled by the ambient light sensor.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts