Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just find it interesting...having done the nationwide search on autotrader...there are 25 solstices listed....all showing F1K VINS...all in dealers hands..Vin # 21, 28, 35, 42, 44, 51, 55, 67, 77, 81, 89, 93, 162, 168, 170, 205,241, 269, 338, 347, 352, 418, 495, 502, 624..mostly black and green.but a few slys and aggressives in there as well... in CA, IL, MN, NC, KS, WA, UT, TX, PA

again....25 backed out of the deal...uuuuuummmmmm I cant imagine...would love to hear how each of the dealers ended up with the cars!!!

the ones that dare show an asking price are asking 5-6 over MSRP.....COME GM....are there that many F1K buyers backing out of their deals!?!?!

You can have 205 for 33,986!!!!!!! Black with two tone leather!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Interesting, good detective work PAO.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flaj said:
Didn’t I see a lot of those going for MSRP or am I mistaken? :)
it showed the MSRP price..but most...were showing a sell price as unlisted.....the ones that were not...showed the selling price at 5-6 k...I emailed one close to me that showed the price as unlisted..asking what his sale price is...awaiting his response!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Fishy

Car dealers are not suppose to be selling the first 1000. They were to turn those back to Pontiac if they were canceled orders.They then are to be distrubuted to the ZZ and FM'S. Smells a little fishy. Hope GM jumps on that real soon. Maybe some of you on the wait list can get a 1000.

·
5,641 Posts
What makes you think that they are all buyers that backed out?

6Y000035 is Sooolstice's car and it is listed by his dealer.

Wouldn't there be the slightest chance how ever small and of course not even worth thinking about because it dosen't make for good dealer bashing that the listed dealers are attenpting to help their poor customers who have moved, lost their jobs, become pregnant, or had illness hit their family since 2pm on April 15th?

Or how about dealerships just fishing for buyers using the cars as bait?
"Sorry sir, that car is sold but we have one coming in (fill in the month)"

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree SD, and I know this is a sensitive issue with you considering all the hostilities towards dealers lately - although you must know, we never mean you (or cricket, etc.).
I think it just looks a little odd, to many of us, that SO MANY of the 1K cars are not being received. Considering everything one had to go through to get a 1K car, it seems unlikely that so many would have done so if they didn't have the funds in place or had a precarious job situation, expecting a baby, etc. You have to agree with that.

And SciSol - as we've discussed here, the rules state if the buyer backs out after the car has been delivered, the dealer can sell it - although it will count against their regular allocation. So IF these are, in fact, illegitimate sales, dealers could be using this "loophole" to catch an extra 2-3 grand over sticker. It seems pretty risky to me for a lousy 2-3K on a couple of cars though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Small Dealer said:

Wouldn't there be the slightest chance how ever small and of course not even worth thinking about because it dosen't make for good dealer bashing that the listed dealers are attenpting to help their poor customers who have moved, lost their jobs, become pregnant, or had illness hit their family since 2pm on April 15th?

I agree with you to a point, maybe several are as you say, but when dealers are listing 2 and 3 VIN #, then I have a hard time beleiving it. As hard as it was for my dealer to get my car, I can not beleive a dealer who gets three cars had all back out. I also find it hard to beleive these dealers have not heard about the problems other dealers had when they listed their cars on e-bay and would be so stupid to list them on autotrader. I would think if they were willing to sell them at MSRP, they would have no problem finding local people who would buy the cars.

VIN #507, Sly, Fully Loaded, Standard Radio, no smoker package

·
5,641 Posts
SD SOL said:
I think it just looks a little odd to many of us that SO MANY of the 1K cars are not being received. Considering everything one had to go through to get a 1K car, it seems unlikely that so many would have done so if they didn't have the funds in place or had a precarious job situation, expecting a baby, etc. You have to agree with that.

I don't know. 29 cars with the highest VIN of 6Y000648, is only about 4%. Soooolstice knew on April 15th or 16th, that they wouldn't be keeping the car. Another (that we know of) took a 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice hoping to get around the rules about rebates, ordered a regular allocation car as back up. It is just people playing the lottery.

·
Registered
397 Posts
:agree: I agree POTFH. That's what makes it so funny - this car would not be able to stay on a lot for more than 5 minutes and you're going to tell me that they have to search for a buyer? Plus, if they were genuinely trying to move a car they were "stuck with", why sell it for thousands over sticker? Sounds like someone's trying to make a quick buck at our expense. :brentil:

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree:
screw the ppl with "bad luck." If you placed the order then had to back out of it, the order should have been canceled, and the car should have went to somebody that got waitlisted....So many ppl have all these excuses why the cant come through with purchasing the car, and i think they are all crap. When i ordered my car, i made the proper arangements to make sure that i could buy the car...i am far from rich, i work in the oil field, but i made sure that i new what i was getting into before i ordered the car...and if there was no profitteering (is that how you spell that?) in what is going on, then why are the cars so far over MSRP...if they (the seller) was just looking to get thier money back, then should it not just be TT&L over MSRP

As for the excuses for not buying an ordered car:
Having an unexpected baby: You are an irresponsible parent...use a condom, their free at planned parenthood
Losing your job: get another one, if you are not skilled enough to find one quickly, you were not stable enough to buy a 25K car
Moved: Take it with you, i am about to move from the middle of no where Texas to NYC. I figure it will cost me an additional 200 to 400 a month to park my sol...Am i backing out, no...why...because I am responsible.

If you backed out of the sale of a solstice, screw you, you took up a spot for a responsible buyer
And if you are dealer profiteering on this, may you burn in He11

·
Registered
383 Posts
Small Dealer said:

:lol: It would be a good thought. But when you see so many...it is hard to believe. All have their dealer names...many have "2 available" with vin #'s. One specifically is a salesperson at the dealership bragging that it is his car and that no one else at the dealer can sell it. Being in the auto business for 15 years...I too try to stand up for the industry. But in this instance it appears that the dealers are profit mongers.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I emailed two of the dealers...one responded back that the car was already sold ..the buyer left it on the dealership floor for a week.....it was one of his seven...I asked it was a F1k car..am awaiting a response back and asked why he listed it on autotrader if it was already pre sold..

here was his response

All 7 that I expect to get for the rest of the year have deposits on them.Some people may back out as the first 1000 vehicles have some constrictions on options.The owner of the first one allowed us to keep it for a week before he picked it up.It is everything I thought it would be and more.I believe the only adds were AC and cruise control and the sticker was $21093.That's what it sold for.We did not use an "added value"sticker on it.We have no plans to do that. (this was the one listed in autotrader.com)(his comments lead me to beleive this is his first four month allocation as well)

another one just responded he is selling at MSRP...and the car is due in in 5-6 weeks...ask him if it was a F/1k car or first allocation..so will see what he states...though his VIN number shows a F1K car....

second dealer response:

Easy answer. We are selling at MSRP, but I only have one available right now. It should be arriving at the dealership in the next 4-5 weeks. I can fax over to you the equipment if you would like. ( I asked if he was selling for MSRP or more)..they are showing 3 available at this dealership on autotrader...so interesting comment here....

just FYI for the forum

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I think it's also heartbreaking so some that people (like mceb, for example, vin 030) STILL haven't gotten their cars, when it may be possible that dealers may have played tricks to get their F1K... and have actually recieved them.

It just doesn't really "feel" right. Hope that makes sense.

Maybe I'm emotional, since gas is accelerating past $3.19, and all three stations I've stopped at, the owners (who are normally there tending the store) are suspciously absent, leaving some early-20's kid to mind the counter... :lol:

I figure that there are a couple of universal truths, and among them is we NEVER want to FEEL like we've been lied to, cheated, or didn't get the best deal.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It is just people playing the lottery.

I beleive it is some dealer, not you, who saw this as their chance to play the lottery and make a few extra bucks off at the most a couple of cars. Seems short sight to me when it comes to a companies image, or maybe these dealers, again not you, may already have their image made and it is that they only care about making a $ now and not seeing the bigger marketing picture that GM had in mind.

VIN #507, Sly, Fully Loaded, Standard Radio, no smoker package

·
Registered
397 Posts
Small Dealer said:
I don't know. 29 cars with the highest VIN of 6Y000648, is only about 4%. Soooolstice knew on April 15th or 16th, that they wouldn't be keeping the car. Another (that we know of) took a 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice hoping to get around the rules about rebates, ordered a regular allocation car as back up. It is just people playing the lottery.
And you're right - but that's only the couple we know of. I agree that the others may all have legitimate excuses as well, it just seems a little hincky. Especially if, as POTFH said, there are multiple listings by the same dealer. What are the odds of several, or all, of your first 1K'ers backing out?

Also, these listings are just the guys (dealers) who are ballsy enough to list the cars on the internet. I'm willing to bet there are more that we don't know about that are selling the cars right off the lot and over msrp too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
understood solsticeman, its just, other ppl's irresponsiblity that is looked over as bad luck just makes me a little crazy sometimes. I'll tone it down.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is getting more interesting by the minute..teh internet manager for the dealership that is emailing me..states his cars are first month allocation cars.....but his vin numbers posted are 485, 532, 648.....I just emailed him back and asked him if these listed on auto trader are truely F1K cars.....I have a feeling he is clueless here...he just ask me if I had a F1k car ordered

here is one vin he has posted;;

1G2MB33B56Y000648

1 - 20 of 57 Posts