Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have '08 G2X. (korean version. same with sturn sky redline or gxp)
sorry for my poor english.
custom intake, performance autowerks EFR6258 turbokit, trifecta tune.

some months ago, i noticed the light by the gear selector "D" was not on.
but my car ran well.
2 months ago, all the lights by the gear selector went off!
and whatever gears I select(D, 3, 2, I or L), my car shifted as like "D".
And during engine is on, I can't open the trunk. I think it's because i can't sense the P position.

there are more problems.
one of that is hard up-shifting and very hard down-shifting. furthermore, maximum boost drop down to 1bar(=14psi). As I think, it may be transmission protection mode.

and when I turn on the ignition, service ESC, service TCS, ESC off are on display and check engine light is on.

these are DTCs.
[] P0700 - Transmission Control System Malfunction
[] P1915 - Internal Mode Switch Does Not Indicate Park/Neutral (P/N) During Start
[] P1820 - Internal Mode Switch Circuit A Low

I tried to change the gear box, camshaft position actuator solenoid valve with my friend's. and reflash the ECM,,but none of them works.

there are only about 200 g2x in korea. so GM dealers don't know well about my car.
please help me,,

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like a possible neutral safety switch issue to me...

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
The hard shifts may be due to a failed cam position sensor or servo.

The other issues may be due to a problem with the gear selection sensor system at the gear shift. Have they looked at the electronic circuit at the gear shift?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is anyone having problems with a loose shifter on their automatics? Just started on mine. I guess I would call it a little bit of waggle when changing gears.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
I do not remember seeing this mentioned before.

I presume you have an automatic.

If its getting "sloppy" then it may be failing. The gearshift is a replaceable unit. If you go to

Source One Auto Parts - Interior Body

you will find the units on sale for $100 from Surce One's store. Its a fairley simple process to swap them out.:thumbs:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Is anyone having problems with a loose shifter on their automatics? Just started on mine. I guess I would call it a little bit of waggle when changing gears.
Hello Laura!

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with shifting. I am here to assist with locating a dealer, setting up an appointment, or any general questions you may have with GM products. Private message me if interested.

Safe travels.

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Laura!

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with shifting. I am here to assist with locating a dealer, setting up an appointment, or any general questions you may have with GM products. Private message me if interested.

Safe travels.

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care
GM Customer Svc, How do I overcome automatic transmission inability to shift out of park? kromane @ yahoo . com. 2009 Coup GXP. I wait until I can finally get out of park, take to dealer and they can't replicate. I now have a paper weight I can't trust to drive anywhere for fear I'll need a tow truck. Other possible related issue is cruise control stops working and get error message. Neither issue is consistent enough to get dealer to replicate. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts