Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if GM ever considered putting out a Transformer Autobot Jazz Edition GXP similar to the Bumblebee edition Camaro?

Has anyone built an exact duplicate of the Solstice from the movie?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think there was one that got sold at an auto auction if you google it I think it was bj or mecum

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
That car sucked anyway. Needed to be lowered, stupid big a$$ wing on the rear, fake vents on the hood. Needed to be lowered, smaller spoiler, and a real functional hood. That wheel gap just killed me.

Most of the parts were created by Norm's Fiber Glass, and those were the only good looking parts on the entire car. Spoiler/Wing was done by someone else. Fake vents on the hood are a dime a dozen at your local Pep Boys. Hard top can be found through Smoothline hardtops. The hardtop was very cool.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The spoiler was from RKSPORT its awesome looking. Curves with the sol rear and also had humbs on the wing to match the trunk.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The spoiler was from RKSPORT its awesome looking. Curves with the sol rear and also had humbs on the wing to match the trunk.
Not the RKSPort spoiler. Something different.

From this angle it looks like it's sitting fine. Not too high/low. Hood vents actually look decent.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That car sucked anyway. Needed to be lowered, stupid big a$$ wing on the rear, fake vents on the hood. Needed to be lowered, smaller spoiler, and a real functional hood. That wheel gap just killed me.

Most of the parts were created by Norm's Fiber Glass, and those were the only good looking parts on the entire car. Spoiler/Wing was done by someone else. Fake vents on the hood are a dime a dozen at your local Pep Boys. Hard top can be found through Smoothline hardtops. The hardtop was very cool.

Dude you're starting to sound like Peter! Just kidding, just kidding, just kidding!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
From this angle, I do not like the hood vents. they seriously look like they were just glued on. If this was GMs doing, they could have spent a few bucks to have them molded in.

I do like the side fenders though (I'm guessing done by Norm). I wish he offered these as I like them better than the ones he does now.

I like the transition better from the mesh to the side panel (hard to explain, but you can tell what i mean in the pictures)

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I like the transition better from the mesh to the side panel (hard to explain, but you can tell what i mean in the pictures)
I have to agree...I really like the way the body tapers more to the vent mesh.:cool:
The hood vents?? Yeah I'm sure they're attached with only the finest double sided tape..:glol:
Not really my style but I don't think the wing looks bad at all....I've definitely seen much worse :willy:

There's just something about it though that I can't put my finger on...they just didn't capture the expected excitement. I would have thought i would see it and go "OOOO I want mine to look like that!!!" and I just didn't.:dunno: All just my opinion of course....;)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
From this angle, I do not like the hood vents. they seriously look like they were just glued on. If this was GMs doing, they could have spent a few bucks to have them molded in.

I do like the side fenders though (I'm guessing done by Norm). I wish he offered these as I like them better than the ones he does now.

They look the same to me. The side vents, front lip and side skirts. How are the side vents different?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Those are both of the same car. I was just trying to give a better angle of the on on the Jazz car. Here is a picture of the version that norm sells:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Those are both of the same car. I was just trying to give a better angle of the on on the Jazz car. Here is a picture of the version that norm sells:

Ahhhh, I see the difference now. More of a larger lip on the rear part of the opening and much wider space in the front part before the wheel well. I do to like the autobot version better now that I see it. I always thought that the vents were to close to the front and needed just a tad more space. I too have Norm's vents on my car.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Hello, the fender vents on Jazz wont work on a production Solstice as it hits the inner brace too hard. Its a compromise. Thanks Norm
Good to know...(removing from wishlist....:willy:)
I might have to go for the other style fenders and vents one of these days....(adding to wishlist....:woo:)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Good to know...(removing from wishlist....:willy:)
I might have to go for the other style fenders and vents one of these days....(adding top wishlist....:woo:)
Hello, heres another option as I just pulled these from our brand new ZR1 inspired molds today. The first ones. Thanks Norm

·
Registered
406 Posts
WOOOOOW :willy: any pictures of these on a sol! if you need some one to try them on ill pm you my address :lol: they look good!!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Hello, heres another option as I just pulled these from our brand new ZR1 inspired molds today. The first ones. Thanks Norm

I think I like! It's hard for me to picture what they will look like installed. I guess I'll wait and see what the 1st guys looks like...(never was one of those "1st in my neighborhood" kinda people...:lol:)

·
Registered
406 Posts

quick photoshop not too good since this is my first attempt at it but here you go if you squint it looks alright! but man i like this!! they look good!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello thats pretty cool. I never could get the hang of photoshop myself, youre on the way. Thankyou from Norm

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks norm! I tried my best haha I really like these ill have to talk to my gf about getting theses when they become available!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts