Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just check to see if anyone has a date.. :lurk:
I talked my father into buying one but he does not want a standard Trans. He has his deposit down - just waiting now...

THANKS EVERYONE :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
There has been no official date released at the moment. I wouldn't expect one before next year (calender year 2006).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he has his money down and just waiting now... I talked him out of that Mazda :) Almost talked into a standard but no..D'OH :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hossman said:
Well he has his money down and just waiting now... I talked him out of that Mazda :) Almost talked into a standard but no..D'OH :yesnod:
Keep working on him to get the standard! Way more fun, especially for a roadster!

·
4,592 Posts
MS Solstice asked the following elsewhere:

MS Solstice said:
I'm new to the forum, and I have a question about ordering my car. I was at the dealer the next morning after the "Apprentice", and signed the papers to order my car, but I need an automatic transmission. So, I wait.....and wait. Does anyone know when they expect the dealers to be able to order the automatics? I appreciate the help.
I said no official news yet, and pointed out thsi thread. Anyone have any new news?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for getting me in the right area, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I thought Small Dealer said the first day you could order an automatic was 9Jan..that was when the dealer could place the order against an allocation????

Small Dealer???

·
Registered
268 Posts
Monday, January 9th, huh? I guess I can wait a little longer, I only placed my order on the 18th of April.....

·
4,592 Posts
You did well, found that answer pretty quick!:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Call it desperation, my other car is on it's last leg.

·
4,592 Posts
MS Solstice said:
Call it desperation, my other car is on it's last leg.
uh-oh, can you wait for an order to be built an shipped? Takes a while. Best we've seen was 2 months, but most take a lot longer. GL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Probably, we do have another car, a Yukon, and the one that's on it's last leg is a 1992 Pontiac Firebird, what can we say, GM all the way!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Sneak Peek of the Sky's automatic

This was posted in the Sky Forum and it may be new to a few people.

·
1,492 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
This was posted in the Sky Forum and it may be new to a few people.

Thanks, Great PIC.:agree: If this sky a test vehicle then auto Sol should look like this. I'll like it!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Found Smaller Dealers quote for the auto release date:

Solstice 5-Speed Automatic Transmission (MX0) ... will be available for order placement as of Monday, January 9, 2006. MSRP for this option is $850.

of course this assumes your dealer has a solstice allocation...or where he wants to put you in priority against his other solstice orders.....and whether or not there are any constraints as well....

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm number one on the dealer's list for the auto, and I actually got to sit in one Thursday. Boy, that got the itch going! It was all black, including the interior, and it was beautiful. I can't wait!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dad got his yesterday :lol

Well my dad went out and bought a mazda a couple months ago (the special series???) so he said he was happy - anyway the dealer called him yesterday and told him his silver Solstice was in (manual trans though) he gave me a call- I told him go take a look. Well he did - left the 2 month old Mazda there:yesnod: and drove home his new Solstice - Yeah - he said mom can't drive the stick - but she has her own car.. Told him I will buy it from him when he wants to trade it in. Dad is 70.

Cheers All - Thanks for all the good words-----------------:grouphug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts