Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In case anyone is interested, Spike TV's Autorox just started... it's the first ever "awards show" for cars.

I'm TiVo-ing it... but I doubt the Solstice or Sky will get any mention.

Edit: What a collossal waste of time that was! Even with TiVo. I actually stopped recording it and deleted it before the program was even half over. In the 20 minutes I watched, I had seen enough. Suffice to say, it was chock full of cheeze.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
hehehe apparently you've never seen a SpikeTV Award Show before. :D

Amasingly this award show is much better then pretty much any of the other award shows I've seen them do. Usually their award shows feel like on giant commercial.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know if I'm just getting old but I had to turn the sound off for most of the show..

I applaud any car show but this ones sound bites I personally found just flat out annoying.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
It's aimed towards the majority of their viewer/consumer base which are the male 16-24 year old. It wasn't too bad, it was just over the top at times and annoying at others.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It was more like a concert "and a bad one" than a car show. They did show a blurb of the Solstice for about 2 seconds.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I watched about 30 seconds. One of their people was about to introduce some SUV award, and said something about wondering why the SUV was invented. I rolled my eyes, figured their target audience wasn't deemed smart enough to know anything about WW2, and flipped over to Scubs! :lol

It did look very MTV like to me. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but its a little over the top for my viewing tastes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts