Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This first paragraph of another Autoweek article.

Mazda expects Europe to be top market for new MX-5; Solstice, Sky blamed for shift
JAMES B. TREECE | Automotive News
Posted Date: 8/30/05
TOKYO -- Mazda Motor Corp. is predicting that Europe will replace North America as the largest market for the redesigned 2006 MX-5 Miata. The automaker blames the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky roadsters.

Full article link;
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103074

·
Registered
905 Posts
I guess they forgot about the Opel Kappa :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If things keep going they way they are, Mazda may sell all 10K they plan to import before all the 1FKs are delivered.... :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Isn't it ironic that Mazda has already thrown in the towel with probably less than 100 Solstices on the road and not even a single Sky to be seen? I guess they look at the competition as stronger than they first thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if I'd say Mazda is throwing in the towel. The Solstice is a good car, and the Sky will be a good car. That's an attack on two fronts. The Sky could really do well, as a lot of people love the brand, even if they're only lukewarm about the product. A hot Saturn could be REALLY dangerous.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Isn't it ironic that Mazda has already thrown in the towel ...
Actually that's been the case generally since 1999. While US sales have sipped some in the last couple of years, European sales have been increasing (as for all Mazda models), with strong sales in Germany and dramatic increases in the UK.

http://www.miata.net/faq/registrations.html

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'll quote Ken from a "Fish Called Wanda" - After Wanda told Ken that her father used to beat her brother, Ken said, "g-g-g-g-ooood"!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts