Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Hey Stang, do you know if it's on newsstands yet or are you a subscriber?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Stang, can't you read outloud, as in, type as you read :lol:

i.e. transcription
Don't leave us hanging :willy:

do you have a scanner or digi cam so we can see it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Subscribers usually get it few days before news stands. Mine should be in mail at home :cool:
Except MT, as I see it on stands a few days before I see it in my box :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great Quote #1:

"There were a lot of times the accountants would look at something I wanted in the car and tell me I could get a similar piece cheaper. I'd tell them we tried that and the cheaper one wasn't as good, and if they wanted to call Bob I had his number on my cellphone speed dial. I always got the parts I wanted."

Darren Post (Vehicle Line Director)


...more to come. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
:agree: I know - we're so starved we'll lap up anything we can get our hands on! I'll have to run by the bookstore when I get outta here today. Thanks for the info Stang!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay. My review of the review.

AutoWeek liked it. They talk a lot about the process that created the car and you get the feeling that GM did move mountains to make this car happen. The F-word is also mentioned (Fiero). Overal they were very impresed with the way it handled.

Best Quote:
"There were a lot of times the accountants would look at something I wanted in the car and tell me I could get a similar piece cheaper. I'd tell them we tried that and the cheaper one wasn't as good, and if they wanted to call Bob I had his number on my cellphone speed dial. I always got the parts I wanted."

Darren Post (Vehicle Line Director)


Most interesting Info:
They tried out a six speed, but felt that it offered nothing more than more gears to shift. It made no difference in the performance.

Funniest Quote:
"Pontiac officials boasted about getting two sets of golf clubs in there, and they did, but they were the smallest golf bags we ever saw."

Oh, and they mention the coupe and removable hardtop. Nothing new, but at least a mention.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
Stang, can't you read outloud, as in, type as you read :lol:

i.e. transcription
Don't leave us hanging :willy:

do you have a scanner or digi cam so we can see it?
Live video digicam reality show starring stang, reading out loud to hisself while we all watch. Didn't I see that in Bravo's fall lineup?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
Live video digicam reality show starring stang, reading out loud to hisself while we all watch. Didn't I see that in Bravo's fall lineup?
editguy just got on the plane to meet with stang, stay tuned :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about a Mr. Rodgers style show? :D

[Stang].... and then Mr. Lutz said "It's been a lifelong dream of mine to build an affordable two-seat roadster."

[Children]Ooooh! Tell us more Stang.

[Stang]Sure. Next...

[Solstice Express] wooooo woooooo!

[Stang] Hey boy and girls! It's the Solstice Express!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
stang said:
How about a Mr. Rodgers style show? :D

[Stang].... and then Mr. Lutz said "It's been a lifelong dream of mine to build an affordable two-seat roadster."

[Children]Ooooh! Tell us more Stang.

[Stang]Sure. Next...

[Solstice Express] wooooo woooooo!

[Stang] Hey boy and girls! It's the Solstice Express!
Hey, quit messing around with posts like that, and get to work...... get us a pic of that cover (J/K)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
That's hot!
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top