Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently AutoWeek wasn't really paying attention in Detroit last Friday...unless that 1/18th scale model I "took delivery of" counts.

AutoWeek said:
First Solstice delivered

Some 136 folks from around the country took delivery of their Pontiac Solstice roadsters Aug. 5 at General Motors’ world headquarters in Detroit. Clark and Shelly Brinton of Boise, Idaho, were the lucky recipients of the first retail car. Brinton told AutoWeek he was having the car shipped back home. Why not drive it? “That’s too many miles,” Brinton said. “Don’t want to chip the paint!”

Pontiac expects to fill all 10,000 pre-orders for the Solstice by December.
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102947

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Well at least they are down to 136. Last week news reports said all 1000 would be delivered on Friday :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
All 10,000 by December????????????My dealer told me yesterday that my order, placed on May 12, probably wouldn't be picked up until February. He only had one Solstice in his first allocation and I'm number 2. Ahhhh, Spring, top down, life's good.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
jwally said:
All 10,000 by December????????????My dealer told me yesterday that my order, placed on May 12, probably wouldn't be picked up until February. He only had one Solstice in his first allocation and I'm number 2. Ahhhh, Spring, top down, life's good.
Could be true but remember it's in the same paragraph that also said 136 were delivered on Friday :lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwally said:
Trying to decide if you should believe your dealer or AutoWeek is like trying to decide if you want Carrot Top or Gallagher to land your plane.

(Of course, I'm speaking of the dealer stereotype in general. There are a few great ones out there.)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
For the Year end to be true. The line rate has to hit 50 cars per day/shift times two shift, PDQ. We are running out of weeks in '05. Sosticeman and I both calculated production based upon an eight week ramp from July11. If they achieve that, 10k cars by year end is possible, but week eight is the last week in August. So :willy: :willy: :willy:

I love the thread that says "Delays in production, but Pontiac is not panicking. No we are the ones who are panicking. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts