Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 GXP has its new AUTOWERKS 2.4 GXP turbo "SUPER ENGINE" aboard and is on the truck headed home. Too many mods for here but it is off to the shop for a bunch of Norm's goodies and a custom paint job. Pictures soon!

Anybody got an exotic paint scheme for a basically black GXP? Looking for suggestions.

CA Sam

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will have to ask Dave at Autowerks for the details but it basically uses a NA block with aftermarket rods, bearings and pistons with GXP heads w/ oversize valves, better springs etc. My understanding is that the crank is longer and the pistons are slightly larger in diameter picking up the 400 CC's. Designed to give my automatic tranny the extra torque that automatic trannies love.

I will get you guys a list of mods but my primary interest is to think about a color scheme that will work for the new paint. Any one with a good photo of exotic paint jobs email them to me at [email protected].

I figure to drive the car for a couple of days and then into the shop about the 6th with paint starting later in the week.

Thanks all. This project has been the makings for over a year; it is at long last looking like a finished car shortly. Once complete I am going to have a sizable list of available stock parts to let some one else store.

CA Sam

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Anybody got an exotic paint scheme for a basically black GXP? Looking for suggestions.

CA Sam
Paint schemes are usually very personal. Especially exotic ones. Yellow and black go well together. You might want to think about stripes, logos, patterns , two tones, etc. and decide which way you want to go.

Vinyl wraps are popular and can be undone or modified pretty easily. Maybe that is the way to go.

Google Pontiac Solstice, then click on images - you'll find hundreds.

I've always liked the red/black two tone of Tony's (ASAP Graphics), but there's a cool Solstice done with a large silver cove - like the old vettes, and many with stripes of different kinds. There was one in Vegas at an early regionals that was paisley patterned.

Personally, I prefer subtle over outrages (although some might not think I do)

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
yeah and if your son hits your rear fender with his car door then it's tough to get some of those customs fixed. I've always liked the red, white, yellow with the dual black racing stripes. No flames for me. remember that show pimp my ride? west coast customs had some killer paint ideas. I'm sure you could search some of their past projects. can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How about this? Remember the car was on the truck? OOPs! Seems like the truck guy couldn't find Dave. Who knows?

Guess I am off a couple of weeks. Oh well, what is a week or two; its been over a year now.

CA Sam

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well good news I hope. Car, again, is supposedly on the Truck. To be here perhaps by Monday..... Have found several interesting paint schemes on the Gallery here. Anyway more Monday. We will see if a small fortune and a year really puts more torque on the ground.

Personal bet: I won't be able to tell the difference; tell you why later.

CA Sam

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It runs! Need to put a few hundred miles on it and then we will tell you how it works. Then to the shop for plastic and paint. For now it feels great. But then, even the stock GXP feels pretty good.

CA Sam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts