Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious is there anyway for us to know the average amount of time that Kappa owners keep their cars? I'm thinking the answer is no, but wanted to create a thread to see what others thought about it. Part of my curiosity comes from all the new names I've noticed on here the last several years, plus new owners constantly posting in FB Kappa Groups. Regardless, long term or original owners seem to be the minority of Kappa owners. I guess that makes us the Kappa Crypt Keepers. :eek:

I'm an original owner of our 2009 coupe, so we've owned that for 13 years now. We then picked up our 2006 1st 1000 in 2011, so we've owned that for 11 years now. No current plans to sell either, but I know that life happens, and learned the life lesson of saying; never say never.

Anyway, what say you?

Reactions: azsly

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
937 Posts
Maybe we could set-up a poll.. but it seems like all the action is on Facebook now.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
2,285 Posts
I got my 06 in 19,got my coupe in 21, got my gxp in 22,selling the 06 due to clutch ankle injury, a few months after I got the car...that was to be the last car I would buy...ever.( thus the gxp with auto that replaces the 06)
so..does upgradeing count?or sideways...just what is the "average owner"?

·
Registered
244 Posts
got my 08 GXP in July 08 no plan to sell

Reactions: ChopTop

·
Registered
207 Posts
sold my 2006 base in 2011
missed it just about every day, until i finally found a 2007 GXP.
re-newed my love for these cars that very moment.
never plan on selling this amazingly designed car
you know the degree of admiration, when you walk away from it in a parking lot
and turn your head for one last glance ...and smile.
not many cars can do that to the owners
Car Plant Vehicle Sky Window

2006 base in florida
Automotive parking light Bugatti Car Grille Hood

2007 GXP

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sold my 2006 base in 2011
missed it just about every day, until i finally found a 2007 GXP.
re-newed my love for these cars that very moment.
never plan on selling this amazingly designed car
you know the degree of admiration, when you walk away from it in a parking lot
and turn your head for one last glance ...and smile.
not many cars can do that to the owners
View attachment 122720
2006 base in florida
View attachment 122721
2007 GXP
This post addresses another Kappa phenomenon, people who regret selling their Kappa's and then end up buying another one a few years later. I'm not sure how many have done it, but it's a noticeable trend, and speaks well of the Kappa platform.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
My avatar is Ocsi (Orange Cat) checking the tires on Elsie (Little Car, "LC") The day she came under my care in 2017. Car has never been owned outside Florida and was a special order, created the Monday after Thanksgiving, 2006. I have every piece of paper, window sticker. keys, fobs, etc. She has every option except the automatic transmission and the 6-CD radio. I now have the 6-CD radio. Her second owner was a graduating engineering major at the University of Florida. He was also a car guy. He order the PPS seat base from Germany and had it installed, to great expense (I have the invoices) so his girlfriend would ride in the car. This was before I found out about the problems with the PPS and the work being donea bout the recall. Not an issue to date. Osci still checks the tires but now they are mounted on black stripe Sky chrome rims. I still have the Chrome set she came with.

Elsie just turned 100K a week ago, on the road by the Gatornationals Drag Strip (or whatever name they call it now). Years ago I made a trip down the strip as a passenger in a buddy's car, no passenger seat, as he made a test run. Might be where some of my hearing went. Bet they won't let you do that now!

If you go back and read, you know I became enamoured with the Solstice upon seeing the prototype at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance in 2002 where it said "Pat my butt." Until then only one other car has spoken to me that way and I bought it. Took me 10 years to get this heart car. I expect to still have it when my lifetime warranty expires. We will see...

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
This post addresses another Kappa phenomenon, people who regret selling their Kappa's and then end up buying another one a few years later. I'm not sure how many have done it, but it's a noticeable trend, and speaks well of the Kappa platform.
Does this mean I am a “phenom”?
Is that bad?
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2007 Sky in 2012. I had moved to the SUNNY part of WA state (lived in the cloudy rainy part all my life) and wanted a convertible. Looked and researched for a year and came across a SKY! Fell in love. Guys seem to buy their dream trucks, so why not get my dream car! So I rescued my SKY from Tacoma WA on a very rainy weekend. I've never named a car, but want to name her... someday, I will figure that out. Suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
that is me also. i had "Black Betty" for several years. 2006 base. we were going to move to Montana. i imagined her sitting in the garage too much and sold her.
missed her Every Day ! so i went on the quest again and found "Sunshine Betty" early this year. she was younger with less miles. very happy again !!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts