Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my dealer said my cat is bad. Second cat to go bad in 30k.

would the Solo hf cat last longer.:brentil::cryin:

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Do you have a GXP? Do you have a tune if you have a GXP? If so, it's time for an oil catch can..... That's more then likely the reason your cat keeps dying.... Unless of course you meant buttercup.... :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely stock GXP but do drive the s--- out of it . It's got 85k. Had the first one replaced at around 50k I think. just had the replacement cat go bad. Dealer wants 1000 dollars to fireplace it but if it's going bad at around every 30k, I can't afford that.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yep 80,000 miles or 8 years, whatever comes first. (From page 18 of your warranty manual)

I would be contacting the regional rep though and seeing if they can do anything for you as a good will gesture under the circumstances. Do you use Top Tier gas or the cheapest you can find when you need to fill up?

If I had to buy a new one it wouldn't be an OEM one.

Federal Emission Control System
Warranty
Federal Warranty Coverage

•Car or Light Duty Truck with a Gross Vehicle
Weight Rating (GVWR) of 8,500 lbs. or less
− 2 years or 24,000 miles and 8 years or
80,000 miles for the catalytic converter or vehicle,
powertrain, control module, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Just wonderin' cause I know lousy gas can foul a cat

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
If it were me I wouldn't replace it with OEM. I'd buy a hi-flow and replace it myself. Now, I'm driving an N/A and it's only about a 20-30 minute job. I've read there's a little more to it with the turbo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts