Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my tires were 7 years old and rule of thumb is that is the useful life of the tires.. so I figured while I was at the store getting tires I'd get new wheels too.. just for something different. I like the look - but it makes the car look very different (same size as the original 18" Pontiac Chrome Wheel).

I'm thinking about selling the original wheels, too.

Before:

After:

Whacha think?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly, I'm not in love with the rims, but it definitely pops more that it does with the stock wheels. As long as you like them who cares what anybody thinks anyways. Are they lighter weight rims? Nice color solstice by the way :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I'm not in love with the rims, but it definitely pops more that it does with the stock wheels. As long as you like them who cares what anybody thinks anyways. Are they lighter weight rims? Nice color solstice by the way :)
It takes getting used to, and they look better in person - more than anything the car handles WAY better than it did before. It rides better too. And yes they're a bit lighter.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
It takes getting used to, and they look better in person - more than anything the car handles WAY better than it did before. It rides better too. And yes they're a bit lighter.
Better handling is most likely because of new tires - wheels not so much unless you went with wider and lower profile which I don't see in the picture.
What tires did you take off, and what did you replace them with?

BTW, I like the look of the new wheels. Are they lighter than the stock wheels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Better handling is most likely because of new tires - wheels not so much unless you went with wider and lower profile which I don't see in the picture.
What tires did you take off, and what did you replace them with?

BTW, I like the look of the new wheels. Are they lighter than the stock wheels?

Yessir - you are correct.. the tires made the difference. The wheels where just an added bonus. :)

The wheels are: 18X7.55-110/11545GBF MB TURBO
The tires are: 245/45ZR18XL100Y BLK NITTO MOTIVO

I have Nitto Motivo on my other car already (KIA Optima SX) and they were so nice on that car I got them for this car also.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think they look awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'm travelling right now - my wife got them put on for me. I can't wait to get home and take the car for a drive and try them out..

:driving::driving::driving:

·
Registered
435 Posts
GXPinSeattle, great looking transformation. Thanks for sharing the photos.

We really like the handling characteristics of the Nitto Motive tires. We were able to test them on a track in both dry and wet conditions. They had excellent grip in both conditions even when we were pushing the car hard in corners.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yessir - you are correct.. the tires made the difference. The wheels where just an added bonus. :)

The wheels are: 18X7.55-110/11545GBF MB TURBO
The tires are: 245/45ZR18XL100Y BLK NITTO MOTIVO

I have Nitto Motivo on my other car already (KIA Optima SX) and they were so nice on that car I got them for this car also.
I can't see the pics in the first post so I can't comment on their looks, but judging by your screenname you have a gxp and I noticed your new wheels are only 7.5" wide. Those wheels are actually narrower than your stock wheels by 0.5".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't see the pics in the first post so I can't comment on their looks, but judging by your screenname you have a gxp and I noticed your new wheels are only 7.5" wide. Those wheels are actually narrower than your stock wheels by 0.5".
Fair, but even at 0.5" less I get at least as good handling with those tires...

I'll remember that for next time tho. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GXPinSeattle, great looking transformation. Thanks for sharing the photos.

We really like the handling characteristics of the Nitto Motive tires. We were able to test them on a track in both dry and wet conditions. They had excellent grip in both conditions even when we were pushing the car hard in corners.
Like I said I have them on both my Optima SX and now this car. It's a good tire and a good value.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts