Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Back on the air!

6K views 96 replies 10 participants last post by  Fformula88 
#1 ·
Hey, I see Solsticeforum is back up and running, albeit a little slow and without some images of things (like the smilies are all red X's!). I am just glad to see Troy was able to get things up and going again.

I see he hasn't posted here yet, but I saw over on Corvetteforums that they had a hard drive problem on their server which was the culprit from the outage.

I hope you guys are able to get things back to normal soon!

#2 ·
Hey, I see Solsticeforum is back up and running, albeit a little slow and without some images of things (like the smilies are all red X's!). I am just glad to see Troy was able to get things up and going again.

I see he hasn't posted here yet, but I saw over on Corvetteforums that they had a hard drive problem on their server which was the culprit from the outage.

I hope you guys are able to get things back to normal soon!

#3 ·
:party:

At least we're partly back now! We had a RAID card go bad and corrupt data on all of the hard drives. We had to run corvetteforum on one server instead of the usual two. We ended up replacing the server that went bad and just brought the new one online. It is being optimized as I write this.

#7 ·
Troy Roberts said:

At least we're partly back now! We had a RAID card go bad and corrupt data on all of the hard drives. We had to run corvetteforum on one server instead of the usual two. We ended up replacing the server that went bad and just brought the new one online. It is being optimized as I write this.
I am glad to see things are getting back to normal again! Good luck withgetting your new server up and running!

#10 ·
Troy Roberts said:

I am glad to see things are getting back to normal again! Good luck withgetting your new server up and running!

#11 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#8 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#5 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#4 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#6 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#9 ·
Troy Roberts said:

#14 ·
brentil said:
uggg, thank the lord the forums are back up. I was starting to have withdraw :D

It got so bad I almsot went and posted at www.solsticeforums.com need my Solstice fix for the day.
I went over there too, but it's just not worth it. Takes too long for a response and they seem to be behind in the info dept.

#20 ·
AeroDave said:
I thought maybe one of my rambling posts killed it! Just in case I'll try to shorten them up. :cheers
It was the ongoing discussion on Cadillac and their product lineup! LOL. We all had quite a bit to say in each post over there! It was just too much for the server to take!

I tried SolsticeformS too, just to see if people diverted over there to fill in while we were down here. However, there was hardly any new threads from the last time I had checked over there a week or so ago and nothing new or different from what is here. Just less people.

#22 ·
AeroDave said:
I thought maybe one of my rambling posts killed it! Just in case I'll try to shorten them up. :cheers
It was the ongoing discussion on Cadillac and their product lineup! LOL. We all had quite a bit to say in each post over there! It was just too much for the server to take!

I tried SolsticeformS too, just to see if people diverted over there to fill in while we were down here. However, there was hardly any new threads from the last time I had checked over there a week or so ago and nothing new or different from what is here. Just less people.

#21 ·
AeroDave said:

#17 ·
AeroDave said:

#18 ·
AeroDave said:

#19 ·
AeroDave said:

#15 ·
AeroDave said:

#16 ·
AeroDave said:

#25 ·
It looks like everything is up and running now! The Smilies are smilies again and not red "X"s and my avatar has even come back! :smile

Now, we just need the PEOPLE to come back! Its been a little slow since the forum came back online.

#29 ·
It looks like everything is up and running now! The Smilies are smilies again and not red "X"s and my avatar has even come back! :smile

Now, we just need the PEOPLE to come back! Its been a little slow since the forum came back online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.